Monday 11 September 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday 2017 Week 37

Hello and welcome to week 37 of #mealplanningmonday!

I hope that you had a successful first week back to school. All three of the kids were certainly ready to be back and looking forward to the coming academic year.

My return to work went well, I had a really busy week and have increased my hours to full days to help cover some additional work. I was pleased that I was offered the extra hours, yes I am going to be out all day but I really do enjoy what I am doing and the extra money is going to make a huge difference to our life.

Over the weekend I shared a video regarding fresh fish, well I say fresh, that should say, not so fresh. It really did make me stop and think. You can see the video here! The video is all about giving away #freefreshfish, would you like any free fresh fish if you knew that is was 9 days old? No me neither. When buying frozen fish you know that it has been frozen straight away and has retained more of the goodness and is even cheaper than "fresh" fish!

Anyway back to meal planning! This is what we will be having this week...

Week Commencing 11th September 2017

Monday - Mushroom and Orzo Risotto

When we were shopping the other week we found some orzo which I am planning to use on Monday. I am going to be making a risotto using orzo instead of rice.

Tuesday - Chicken and Parmesan Bake

This was a reduced bargain from Marks. I will be serving it with new potatoes, asparagus, mangetout and baby sweetcorn.

Wednesday - Fish and Chips

On Wednesday I am going to do some fish and chips, but I am going to make the chips with sweet potatoes for a change.

Thursday - Curry

We were supposed to have this meal last week but life took over so we will be having it this week served with rice, naan breads and poppadoms.

Friday - Treat Night

Now that we are back at work treat night is definitely back on the plan!

As for the weekend I will plan closer to the time but it will be something easy!

What have you got planned this week? Share your meal plan with the #mealplanningmonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. I love it that you have a treat night. I wonder what it will be this week. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad the holidays are over but it is nice to get back into routine :) Love the idea of treat night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fish and Chips sounds great. I love sweet potato chips.
    I love the sound of treat night. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x