Wednesday 22 July 2015

Cocktails with Vita Coco - Gin Pina Colada

You may have noticed that recently I have been using more coconut products in both my baking and cooking. I cannot believe it has taken me so long to discover the delicious flavours that coconut adds to dishes. I have always like coconut but now I am enjoying it in a greater variety of foods. So when Vita Coco asked me of I would like to create a cocktail using their coconut water you can imagine how pleased I was!


If you have not seen Vita Coco before let me tell you what they do. Vita Coco produce a number of natural coconut products such as...

  • Coconut Water - both original and with flavours such as peach and mango, pineapple and lemonade
  • Coconut oil (which I currently use in my cooking!)
  • Vita Coco Cafe both cafe latte and cafe latte mocha
  • Vita Coco for kids
The coconut natural water which I received to try is...
  • "As natural as natural gets"
  • Never from concentrate
  • A great source of potassium
  • No fat!
  • Gluten free and dairy free
The ingredients are simply 99% coconut water and 1% natural fruit sugars!

It really is that pure, each carton is simply full of goodness. As it says on the carton it is "like sticking a straw in a coconut!"

When is came to deciding what cocktail to make I decided to give a traditional cocktail a little twist.

This is what I did...

Gin Pina Colada with Vita Coco

Ingredients

Juice of quarter of a pineapple (100mls)
150 mls Vita Coco Natural Coconut Water
35 mls Gin
Ice

Method

1 - If you have a juicer, juice 1 quarter of fresh pineapple. If not just use pineapple juice,

2 - Pour the gin, cold Vita Coco natural coconut water and pineapple juice in a glass with ice

3 - Stir, serve and enjoy!


I love the traditional combination of pineapple and coconut, it really is one of my favourites.

With this cocktail I decided to use gin instead of the traditional white rum that is usually used for a Pina Colada cocktail. This was purely down to my preference of gin and wanting to try something different.

From now on I will definitely be enjoying my Pina Colada with gin and Vita Coco!

The great thing is that this cocktail can also be made for children and anyone that does not drink by simply leaving out the gin!

Enjoy x

Disclosure: I was sent some Vita Coco natural coconut water cartons for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x