Tuesday 21 July 2015

Fresh Warm Courgette Noodle Salad - #CookBlogShare

Hello and welcome to the new home of the fabulous #CookBlogShare linky.

CookBlogShare was originally hosted by the lovely Lucy from Supergolden Bakes. Lucy has now passed the linky on to me to host and I am so looking forward to carrying it on. I will be hosting every month with the help of the following amazing foodie bloggers...
This week Lucy is going to be doing her round up as usual so I thought I would share with you a new recipe to get CookBlogShare off to a start.

Today I am sharing with you a fresh warm courgette noodle salad. I recently invested in a spiraliser and am loving replacing the traditional noodles and spaghetti with vegetable versions. Not only is it a healthier option but it is also a great way to get added vegetables into the children.

This is what I did...



Fresh Warm Courgette Noodle Salad

Ingredients serves 4

4 large courgettes
12 baby sweetcorn, halved
1 large onion, halved and sliced
2 hand fulls of spinach
40g edamame beans
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Tamari soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil

Method

1 - Using a spiraliser cut the courgette into noodles. If you do not have a spiraliser you can grate the courgettes length ways

2 - Heat the olive oil in a wok

3 - Add the onions and garlic to the wok and stir fry for five minutes

4 - Add the courgettes and baby sweetcorn to the wok and cook, stirring regularly for a further five minutes

5 - Turn off the heat, add the spinach and edamame beans, cover with a lid and leave for five minutes to soften the spinach

To serve drizzle with the tamari soy sauce.


This warm salad can be served as it is or topped with pork loin steak, salmon, chicken, the possibilities are endless. This meal is not just a quick and easy meal to make but is also full of healthy vegetables!



Enjoy x

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

I would love for you to join in with #CookBlogShare this is how you can...
  • Share a foodie post, old or new, add the new #CookBlogShare badge and link up using the "Add Your Link" badge
  • Comment on the hosts main post
  • Tweet your recipe using the hashtag #CookBlogShare if you tag @k_phillipson I will retweet them all
  • Enjoy the linky party by commenting on some of the other recipes that have joined in
  • I have also created a Facebook CookBlogShare group where you can share your recipes and food posts. You can find the group here!
I look forward to seeing what delicious recipes you have been creating and will comment on them all!
CookBlogShare


19 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for a glut of home grown courgettes soon so I'm waiting to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe - another one i can add to my zoodle collection! Thanks for bringing it and your blog to my attention! Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely, I must investigate a spiraliser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally making this over summer holidays and beyond! Thank you pretty cheap veg to get too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo what a delicious recipe! I love my spiraliser and I love courgettes...this is a winner!! Well done for taking over the linky. Let me know if you ever need any help x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for taking over the CookBlogShare linky and keeping the party going :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always think spiralisers look like great fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't yet bought a spiraliser but it's on my list of things to get! I may try this with a speed peeler once my zucchini are ready to pick. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love courgettes and I'm wondering why I don't have a spiralizer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love courgettes and I should cook more with them. Only problem: Hubby can't stand them! Your courgette noodle salad is definitely something I'd order in a restaurant! x #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delicious way of using courgettes. So pleased you have taken over #CookBlogShare. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for hosting, and I will follow #cookblogshare here now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should get a spirilizer to give the courgette noodles a go. My children are not easily fooled (they rejected my chips made from swede rather than potato as they were the wrong shade of yellow!). There's no harm in trying though.

    All the best with hosting #CookBlogShare. Lucy will be a tough act to follow but I'm sure you'll do a great job x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting Cook Blog share, a lovely party, I am always bringing my recipes here. Wishing you good luck and fame in hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting Kirsty, so glad you took over Cook Blog Share! I may just have to cave and buy a spiralizer...even though I hate the idea of another gadget taking up space in my kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey sweetie, I just linked my little wine pairing guide. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks delicious darling. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love courgetti and this salad looks so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just linked up - I'm glad CookBlogShare is continuing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x