Tuesday 29 March 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 13

It feels like such a long time since I have been writing a CookBlogShare post! The last few weeks have seemed like an eternity. Before I go on, I just want to say a big thank you, for your patience and support over the last few weeks. They have been hard and the blog did get put on hold, but now I am back and raring to go. I will admit to missing my blog and missing reading and checking out all of the recipes shared in CookBlogShare.

This week I am writing my round up with the linky, but from next week everything will be back to normal again. When I looked back on last weeks CookBlogShare there were so many deliciously naughty sweet treats! I could have chosen so many to feature. But I have decided to steer away from the sweet treats. After a weekend of chocolate over load I thought that a savoury round up would be needed!

Here are my four favourite recipes...

A tagine is still something which I do not have. So after ready this Lamb and Apricot Tagine recipe from Easy Peasy Foodie it is now on the top of my kitchen "to buy" list! This meal looks like a lovely, warming meal. The combination of so many spices had me hooked immediately. As soon as I have a tagine, this meal will be cooked!

I love quinoa and am always looking for new ways to enjoy it. So as soon as I saw that Searching from Spice had shared her Black Quinoa and Chicken Salad I knew that it would be a meal that I would certainly enjoy. I can imagine how well the nutty flavour from the quinoa goes with the simple dressing of lemon juice, parsley and black pepper. Yet another to go on my must try list!

Next up is this dish of Carrot and Fenugreek side dish from Herbs, Spices and Tradition. I chose this recipe for two reasons. The first being I have a lot of carrots in the fridge to use up and secondly fenugreek brought back a lot of memories. I breastfed the twins for 10 months so fenugreek was a regular supplement that I took during that time. The spices combined with the mango powder and the fenugreek promises this to be a full of flavour dish!

Last but certainly not least is this Wild Garlic Pesto from my co host Mandy from Sneaky Veg. I love pesto at the best of times but when it has been combined with wild garlic, wow! I can just imagine how delicious this is stirred into some warm pasta topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Yet another must try meal!

I am sure that you will agree with me that these four recipes are ones not to be missed. If you have not already checked them out, I definitely recommend that you take a look!

Now on to this weeks linky. Remember you can share any recipe, foodie post, both old and new welcome. All that I do ask is that you add the badge below so others know where to go and that you comment on the host post and some others. Also remember that we have a CookBlogShare group on Facebook and I am trying to grow the Google+ group, pop over and join us here!

I look forward to seeing what you have been cooking up x


CookBlogShare

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including my wild garlic pesto recipe! I have another bag of it so might just make it again today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely round up and thanks for featuring my chicken and quinoa salad! It's nice to see some savoury recipes especially as it was my birthday at the weekend so I really have overindulged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back blogging Kirsty & thanks for a fab round up. I can't wait to try the wild garlic pesto recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirsty, nice round-up. Thanks for featuring my recipe of Carrot and fenugreek leaves.
    I will edit my post and mention it on top of the post with this link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kirsty, my new post is not ready, so this week I have shared a old post, I hope you will like it.Thanks for hosting dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab roundup, Kirsty. Thanks for including my tagine - hope you enjoy it if you try it! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just entered my diary free milkshake, thank you for hosting! The wild garlic pesto from last week sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting Kirsty, lovely to see you back

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x