Friday 18 March 2016

Full of Energy Porridge

With the children breaking up for the Easter holidays next week I have been thinking more about lazy breakfasts. During the week, the mornings are manic and breakfasts are quick and easy. But when the school holidays arrive I like to spend more time on breakfast. 

During the cold mornings one of the best ways to start the day has to be with a warming bowl of porridge. There is something so satisfying about a bowl of warm porridge and it is such a versatile bowl of goodness. You can add so many different flavours and it allows you to have a wide choice of combinations. Today I am going to share with you my full of energy porridge. This bowl of porridge will keep you going throughout the morning, it will keep your energy levels up and keep you full until lunch time.

We all know that bananas are full of energy, they are full of natural sugars. The best way for your body to digest these sugars and keep your energy levels up is to combine them with cinnamon. When you add the protein from the nut butter you have a bowl of pure goodness!

This is what I did...

Full of Energy Porridge

Ingredients - serves one

35g porridge oats
200 mls milk, dairy or non dairy, I used Alpro Almond Milk
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 banana
1 heaped tsp nut butter, I used Whole Earth Peanut Butter and Mixed Seeds

Method

1 - Place the porridge oats, cinnamon and milk in a pan and gently bring to the boil, stirring regularly

2 - Reduce the heat, cover the pan and leave to simmer for 5 minutes


3 - Mash the banana and add to the hot porridge along with the nut butter and mix thoroughly

4 - Serve immediately with either some fruit juice or a fresh cup of tea or coffee


This breakfast is a deliciously warming way to start the day and I know over the Easter holidays I will be making it to keep the kids fuller for longer and ready for a fun day!


Enjoy x 

I am in no way connected with the two brands that I have mentioned in this post. I have mentioned them as they are the products that I used and enjoy in this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x