Wednesday 7 February 2018

Full of Veg Soup

I don't know about you, but whenever I have been poorly all I want to eat is soup. This has meant that I have been experimenting with new soup flavours and additions. One of my favourite soups has to be a good chicken and veg soup. It always feels like a great, uplifting bowl of goodness.

My pick me up soup last week came about after I looked in the fridge and discovered a lot of fresh vegetables that needed using up and what better way to use up a glut of vegetables than in a soup. Instead of chicken I have used turkey and have left it as a chunky, filling bowl full of health boosting vegetables. The perfect pick me up bowl!

This is what I did...


Full of Veg Soup

Ingredients

300g turkey breast, diced
3 carrots, sliced
1 parsnip, cut into cubes
1 onion, chopped
1 leek, sliced
1 potato, cut into cubes
3 kale leaves, shredded
1.5 litres of vegetable stock
3 tbsp tomato puree
Salt and pepper to season
1/2 tsp thyme

Method

1 - Drizzle a little oil into a large saucepan and gently heat. I used olive oil but you can use which ever you like.

2 - Place the diced turkey in the pan and brown off for a couple of minutes before adding the onion and leek.

3 - Reduce the heat, cover the pan and leave to sweat for 5 minutes.

4 - Remove the lid, stir and add the carrots, parsnip, potato and kale.

5 - Stir thoroughly and pour over the vegetable stock, add the tomato puree, season with the thyme, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.

6 - Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes before serving.


This soup was the perfect pick me up after being ill. Chicken or turkey soup has to be an all time favourite and with all of the added vegetables you know that you are filling your body full of goodness. Iron from the kale, vitamin c from the carrots, protein from the turkey with the warming broth is sure to give you an added boost!


If you have picky eaters simply place the soup in a blender and blitz it until it is smooth and they will never know!

What is you go to, pick me up meal? What do you always crave when you are getting over a bug?

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

Hijacked By Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x