Tuesday 6 February 2018

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday (on a Tuesday!)

Hello and welcome to week 6 of my weekly meal plan.

I know, today is Tuesday, but life took over. I did write my meal plan over the weekend but we had a busy weekend and I did not get round to blogging. Here I am with #MealPlanningMonday on a Tuesday.

Last weeks meal plan was a huge success. We had all but one of the meals. Our favourite by far had to be my beetroot and fennel risotto which I am planning to share the recipe because it was so good! I will also be sharing my chicken and kale pasta and my butternut squash and sweet potato soup. All in all last week was a successful week of dinners!


This week is the last week before the half term holidays and believe me we are all ready for a week off. But first we need to get through this week!

This is what we have got planned for this weeks meals...


Week Commencing 5th February 2018

Monday - Leftover Beef Ragu

One of the best things about a Sunday dinner is the leftovers! I love creating new dishes with any leftover meat and this week was no exception. I made a favourite of our, which I am still yet to get some blog pictures to share. We love a good ragu and slow cooked beef makes the perfect ragu!


Tuesday - Treat

Tuesday was supposed to be sausage and apple bake but all day I have had a banging headache so the hubby suggested calling into Marks to pick something up for dinner so I graciously accepted. Anything for an easier evening!

Wednesday - Sausage and Apple Bake

This was what I had originally planned for Tuesday. It is a recipe from Jamie Oliver's 5 Ingredients book. I love how simple yet delicious the recipes are in this book and have chosen a couple of the recipes this week.

Thursday - Frittata

We have got quite a few eggs at the moment. The chickens are laying now and again but not regularly just yet. As we have got quite a few I will be making a lovely frittata using any left over veg that needs using before our fresh vegetables arrive on Friday. We will have the frittata with jacket potatoes and salad.

Friday - Seared Sesame Tuna

This is another Jamie recipe. As we are having a treat tonight (Tuesday) I will cook some fresh tuna on Friday. Tuna steaks are a favourite of ours and when I saw some on offer the other day I knew that we had to get it. I will probably serve the tuna with some chips and salad.

Saturday - Fish Pie

On Saturday my mother in law is coming to stay over so I will make a big fish pie for us all.

Sunday - Roast

Sunday has to be a roast dinner! Last week we had beef so I this week we will probably have chicken.

Another meal plan done!

What have you got planned for this week? If you write a meal planning blog post come and join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. Hehe I thought I was running late but I ended up being first to link up ! Loving the sound of the Jamie recipes - you're making me want to buy the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I was late posting mine yesterday. Roll on half term I say. I haven't tried the sausage and apple one yet - let me know if it's good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Half term!!!!! Bliss x ps the apple and sausage bake was lovely! I did add extra veg though, I roasted cauliflower and leeks x

      Delete
  3. No worries about the lateness! I did miss it though, haha! Those meals sound yum, especially the tuna! Also that's so cool that you've got chickens! I'd love some! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x