Monday 12 February 2018

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday 2018 Week 7

Hooray! It is half term! We have a full week off and a busy week planned!

Next week the Twinnies turn 6 so as half term is a week earlier than usual we are having a birthday party before the big day. One of our favourite local places to visit has to be Pink Pig Farm so it was top of the twins list for a party. They will be little farmers, having a ride on the tractor to see the pigs, they'll help to feed the alpacas, goats and sheep, pet the rabbits and guinea pigs before having party food. The Twinnies are so excited, as am I!

Even though it is the half term, the week is going to be busy. Today we have had hair cuts and dentist check ups, tomorrow it is the dogs turn to have their check ups then we have the Hubby at home the rest of the week. 

This weeks meal are going to be a mixture of comforting meals and easy meals. This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 12th February 2018

Monday - Fish Pie

In the freezer I found various cuts of fish that I have bought when reduced to clear and have enough to make a lovely fish pie.

Tuesday - Pancake Day

We all love pancakes so they will definitely be on the menu.

Wednesday - Turkey

When we were shopping in Marks and Spencer we spotted some turkey paupiettes with pork and caramelised red onion stuffing. I will be serving them with vegetables and roasted oca that came in my Riverford order. We have not had oca before but they sound lovely, described as a Peruvian potato like vegetable with a lemony punch.

Thursday - Veggie Soup

As it is going to be a cold week a soup dinner is needed.

Friday - Chinese New Year

Friday is Chinese new year so it would be rude not to have a Chinese meal.

As for the weekend I am going to plan closer to the time.

What have you got planned this week? Come and share your meal plan with the Meal Planning Monday blog hop.


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I didn't think about Chinese New Year when I did my menu plan so I might have to switch a few things around. I googled oca and looked at the pictures - if I hadn't known what they were, I'd have run a mile because they look like huge witchetty grubs ! Could be great for Halloween ! Seriously, they do sound very nice though. And can I come on the birthday day out too? Sounds great fun !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birthday plans sound fantastic! It sounds like you have a busy week planned.
    We're having pancakes tomorrow and a Chinese meal on Friday too.
    We had soup for lunch today. It is needed in this weather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're definitely going to have Chinese on Friday too...probs will be a cheeky takeaway! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of oca before! Let us know how you get on with them. Pancakes for us tomorrow too, I am far to excited about this. No Chinese though, I'm the only person who eats it here. Sad face. Enjoy the rest of half term! The birthday celebrations sound awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x