Tuesday 13 February 2018

#CookBlogShare 2018 Week 7 - Plus 4 Sweet Treats for Shrove Tuesday

Hello lovely foodies and welcome to week 7 of #CookBlogShare!

How are you all? It has been a manic few weeks at work but thankfully it is half term which gives us all a bit of much needed time out!

Not only is it half term this week, but there are also not one, not two but three opportunities to have a foodie celebration. Today is Shrove Tuesday where we all enjoy pancakes, followed by Valentine's Day tomorrow and finally the week ends with the Chinese new year! What a week of foodie treats.

Last week Eb from Easy Peasy Foodie shared 4 romantic recipes so I thought that I would follow that with four deliciously sweet treats for pancake day. But I know that not everyone likes pancakes so I have chosen two pancake recipes and two sweet treats that, in my opinion, would be just as good!



In the past I have shared many our favourite pancake recipes. This year I will be making some traditional pancakes along with some healthier, free from versions. Here is a taste of some of the pancake recipes that I will be choosing from this year. 


If you are wanting to have some slimming friendly pancake then these are perfect. These Syn Free, Gluten Free Pancakes contain just eggs, sweetener and flavoured essence!

One of my favourites have to be these Blueberry and Coconut Pancakes that are healthy and they even have added linseed for extra goodness.

My Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pancakes are made using just four ingredients, bananas, eggs, sweetener and vanilla essence. Easy, quick and healthy!

If you are looking for an easy cheat check out my Gluten Free Raspberry Cheesecake Pancakes that use Genius Scotch pancakes but with mascarpone cheese, cream cheese and fresh strawberries and classic dessert has been transformed!

Now onto the CookBlogShare recipes...

First up are these Pancakes with Mascarpone Cream and Cranberry Compote from Jo's Kitchen Larder. Mascarpone is a favourite of mine so I know that these would be an instant hit!

Next up is a fantastic selection of 'Free From' Pancakes that have been put together by the lovely Rebecca at Glutarama. This post will certainly give you plenty of choice for free from pancakes!

If you do not want pancakes but waffles take your fancy then check out these healthy Red Velvet Waffles that are gluten free, high protein and low in fat from Looney for Food. Forget red food colouring, natural red colour from beetroot makes these a deliciously healthy alternative!

Last but not least is this Banana Split Brownie Pizza from Poinsettia Drive. I have to admit that I LOVE Pampered Chef products and was so disappointed when they stopped trading in the UK. This recipe uses the baking stone which is my go to piece of bakeware. This is a sweet treat that will not disappoint!

I have given you so many sweet ideas ready for pancake day. What is your favourite go to pancake treat?

Now on to this weeks linky. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up. All that we ask is that you add the badge below to your post so that others can find us, comment on either this post or the one marked HOST and of course spread the linky love and comment on some of the other posts that have been shared this week. Do not forget to pop over to my fellow hosts Eb from Easy Peasy Foodie, Monika from Everyday Healthy Recipes and Jacqui from Recipes Made Easy.

I hope that you all have a delicious week and cook, blog it and share with us!

Enjoy x


Hijacked By Twins

16 comments:

  1. It is past lunch time, but I want these breakfast meals now!! :D Thanks for hosting, Kirsty & I hope you are having a fab week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting Kirsty! I am loving all the foodie celebrations this week. I definitely prefer savoury pancakes and am planning some bacon, mushroom and cheese pancakes tonight for me and Mr SearchingforSpice. We've already had sweet ones for breakfast but I think the kids have had enough already! I'll be doing something else for them. Hope you have a great half term week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pancake Day and have a good break this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a week of foodie heaven! Happy Pancake Day Kirsty :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, thanks so much for sharing my red velvet waffles! That made my week. Enjoy your pancakes today and have a great Valentines Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, my favourite type of round up, thanks for including me too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive added a link to some savoury pancake to conter balance all those yummy sweet ones:) Great round up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these pancakes all look wonderful! I think we're probably being boring and going for nutella or jam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many tasty pancakes. I've linked up up another pancake recipe. Pancake day always reminds me how much I like pancakes and that I should have them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting and what fab recipes!I blummin love Pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really tasty round up and thank you so much for including my pancakes! It's funny how this year all the yummy celebrations fell so close together. I was just thinking whether you can get too much of a good thing lol Probably not though! Hope you are enjoying your half term break! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so delicious - I love this link up! Hope you’re having a great week! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks and sounds amazing - I love this link-up! Hope you’re having a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what fabulous pancakes! thank you for hosting Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH, my goodness! These pancakes look positively decadent. What a week it's been! When Fat/Shrove Tuesday and Valentine's Day fall in the same week...time to go to the gym, know what I'm saying? Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pancake day treats Kirsty. I had no idea that Pampered Chef had stopped trading in the UK. When was that?
    They did make some great products and the parties were always lots of fun x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x