Monday 12 August 2013

A New Twist on a Classic Cake

I am constantly trying to come up with new twists on the classic cakes that we love. Especially when it means I can use what we have grown.
Over the weekend hubby pointed out to me that we had an abundance of courgettes both read to eat and in the process of growing. So I got my thinking cap on and tried to think of a new way that we can enjoy this versatile vegetable.
I was thinking of flavours that courgettes like to be with. I came up with the usual courgettes and mushrooms, courgettes and onions and courgettes and potato. But this was nothing different for us.
I have seen in the past recipes that use courgettes and lemons.
This got me thinking, the one classic cake that we love is lemon drizzle cake, how would a lemon and courgette cake taste?
I made my lemon drizzle cake mix and added 150g of grated courgettes to give it the twist!
I have made these as cupcakes and I am going to make a cream cheese icing to put on the top once they have cooled.
They have just come out of the oven and they smell delicious!
Mmmm can't wait to taste them!
If they are good I will post my recipe and pictures. If I don't post about them again you know that they did not taste as I had planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x