Tuesday 11 October 2016

#CookBlogShare Round Up and Week 41 Linky

Welcome to week 41 of CookBlogShare.

I cannot get over how quickly this year is flying by. We are in October and dare I say it we have just over 10 weeks until Christmas! The weather is certainly changing as are our meals. Gone are the summery salads and we are now welcoming back warming stews and homemade soups. I love seeing the change of season around us, the leaves falling, the days getting shorter and outside feeling colder. With the changes outside comes changes in the kitchen. We all start to crave more warming, comforting dishes that have been cooking for hours and leave you with a cosy feeling inside. Now that I am wanting more savoury dishes my favourite recipes from week 40 of CookBlogShare definitely reflect that. This weeks recipes are all ones that I know the whole family would enjoy and ones that have all gone onto my 'to try' list.

Here are my four favourite recipes from week 40 of CookBlogShare...

First up this week are these Cajun Salmon Fajitas from Charlotte's Lively Kitchen. In this recipe the salmon has been baked in the oven and it has got super crisp Cajun topping. This is the kind of meal that, as a family, we love, everything goes in the middle of the table and we can all dig in. This kids have so much fun making their own wraps, meals like this are so much more than just food, it is all about the family dining experience.

The second recipe that I have selected is a creamy Skillet Chicken with Bacon, Mushrooms and Spinach from Jo's Kitchen. Each and every ingredient in this dish are loved by all in our house. I recently discovered that if I add spinach or kale into a dish with sauce all three children will eat it without questions asked. Plus this recipe is made in just one pot so there are less pots to do at the end of the meal!

The next recipe that left me with a rumble in my tummy are these Polish potato dumplings, Kopytka, from Everyday Healthy Recipes. I will admit that this is a completely new dish that has left me curious to try. The dumplings remind me of gnocchi and I can imagine how well they go with the yogurt mushroom sauce. The kopytka sound so much easier to make than I thought they would be and are definitely going onto my meal plan for next week.

Last but not least is another spicy salmon dish. The Intolerant Gourmand shared her Asian Glazed Salmon Fillets with Zesty Rice. I adore salmon and how versatile it is and this dish ticks every box for me. I always have a jar of Chinese five spice in the cupboard and I love the combination of the spices with the ginger and soy sauce. My 'to try' list is certainly getting longer!

If you missed any of these recipes last week, I recommend that you pop over and have a look!

Now onto this weeks CookBlogShare linky. You can add any foodie post, both old and new posts welcome. Add the CookBlogShare badge (the code is on the right) to your post so others can find the linky, comment on the host post and remember to pop over and comment on some other recipes. If you tweet me @k_phillipson your post I will retweet it.

I look forward to seeing what you have been cooking up!

Enjoy x


CookBlogShare

11 comments:

  1. You've picked a lovely selection of warning recipes - perfect for this time of year X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab recipes - I would happily eat all of them :-) I am such a fab of warming, comforting dishes like these :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my recipe, honoured to be part of such a lovely collection! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely time for warming comforting recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for featuring my dumplings recipe! I'll be linking up my new recipe later on today:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monkika's kopytka look so good - I could definitely wolf those down! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to type, Monika... I have silly frog fingers!

      Delete
  7. so many tasty meal ideas there! thank you for sharing and hosting x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for mentioning my recipe. I have linked up again

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring my salmon fajitas Kirsty x

    I've just added my latest new recipe for Chicken & Lime Curry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi - This all looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x