Tuesday 11 October 2016

Chicken and Chorizo with Artisan Tagliatelle

For this weeks Aldi recipe post I am featuring some delicious artisan pasta that I found when I was shopping last week. We all love pasta dishes so as soon as I saw Aldi's special buy of artisan pastas I knew I had to feature them in a recipe.


Cucina have created for Aldi some pastas that are not your regular pastas, they all have added twists of flavour to make them unique and to add even more flavour to your dish. Today's recipe features the tagliatelle with spring onion but I also came home with some tagliatelle with wild garlic and some Specially Selected taschle pasta. I have got a meal planned using the wild garlic tagliatelle this week. If it is a success I will definitely be telling you all about it!

Today's recipe combines some of our favourite flavours together to create a new family favourite.

This is what I did...

Chicken and Chorizo with Artisan Tagliatelle

Ingredients

250g chicken breast, diced
200g chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 red onion, chopped
100g Specially Selected spicy Spanish chorizo, chopped
150mls creme fraiche
300g Cucina tagliatelle with spring onion
Parmesan cheese
1tbsp olive oil

Method

1 - Bring a pan of water to the boil

2 - Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan or saute pan over a medium to high heat

3 - Add the diced chicken and red onion to the pan and fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly

4 - Place the chopped chorizo into the pan, cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium and leave for 10 minutes to allow the flavours to develop

5 - Place the tagliatelle in the pan of boiling water and sprinkle in a little salt and simmer for 8 minutes

6 - Add the chopped mushroom to the chicken and chorizo and cook for a couple of minutes before pouring over the creme fraiche, mixing thoroughly and removing from the heat

7 - Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the chicken and chorizo and toss together

8 - Serve with shavings of fresh Parmesan cheese


This dish was an instant hit with everyone. I even had enough leftover for my lunch the following day. This is such an easy dish which is perfect for a busy week night or even as a weekend meal after a busy day out with the family.


The tagliatelle with spring onion has a subtle tang of spring onions which adds an extra depth of flavour. The shavings of Parmesan cheese finishes the dish perfectly.

Next time you are in Aldi keep an eye out for the Cucina pastas!

Pin me for later!

Sharing with...


CookBlogShare
Link up your recipe of the week

cookonceeattwice-2.png (1280×1127)

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

8 comments:

  1. Bloody love Aldi. Such a grateful selection of ingredients there. And this pasta.....wow! #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody love Aldi. Such a grateful selection of ingredients there. And this pasta.....wow! #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never knew you could get this at Aldi - I will need to investigate our local one! :)
    I love pasta dishes, there's something so comforting with them, especially as the weather has turned colder now! Nothing better than curling up on the sofa with a bowl of pasta, fire on in the background and favourite tv programme on! x #cookblogshare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so my kind of meal, Kirsty - quick, easy and I am sure very tasty :-) Love the sound of that pasta too :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh spring onion pasta!! I do love Aldi, just wish ours was closer!! this is definitely a great dish for this time of year and great for after school too! The Peachicks are great pasta fans! #cookblogshare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. spring onion pasta sounds gorgeous! All of the ingredients you have used appeal to me! yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a wonderful warming family dish, perfect for busy weeknights! I love the green tagliatelle in it, I am going to pick some up next time I go to Aldi:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Slovenia we have Hofer, which is the same as Aldi - I wonder whether they have the spring onion pasta... I'll have to check it out. Or wait until I'm next in Britain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x