Monday 17 October 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 17th October 2016


Hello Monday and hello to a new week!

Last week I took a huge step to better health. On Friday I went and joined a Slimming World group. In the past when I have tried to follow the plan I have done it online and have soon gone off track. I think that this is down to a multitude of reason, one, I was not in the right mindset and two, I was only accountable to myself, I could make excuses to myself or just not bother recording my weight. I know that if I physically go to a group and get weighed, along with the support of a group, I am more likely to succeed. When I actually stood on the scales, it was not as bad as I was expecting, but I am at my heaviest and it is starting to show on my health. My back is aching again, I am getting excess acid and bloating, which are all signs that I need to change what I eat. I am not looking at this as a slimming diet, I am looking at it as a lifestyle change for a healthier me. My weigh in days are Fridays so I will let you know how I got on in my first week next week.

This weeks meals are a mixture of ideas and recipes that I have found in my Slimming World books as well as adapted meals to suit the plan.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 17th October 2016

Monday - Beer Can Chicken

This is a meal that I have found in one of my Slimming World books and one that I am really looking forward to trying!

Tuesday - Pork Escalopes

The pork will be seasoned with herbs and served with a stir fry of vegetables.

Wednesday - Gino Spaghetti

This is a recipe that we saw on Gino de Campo's show Hidden Italy. The spaghetti is such a simple and easy dish that consists of pasta, onions, garlic, cherry tomatoes and rocket.

Thursday - Fish Pie

On Thursday I am going to make a packed fish pie topped with sweet potato mash.

Friday - Chicken Pasanda

We love a Pasanda curry so when I saw that Slimming World had a recipe for a syn free version I knew that it had to be on this weeks meal plan!

Saturday - Chilli con Carne

This is a family favourite and one that I can make syn free!

Lunches are going to consist of jacket potatoes, baked beans, salads and eggs!

What will you be having this week? Why not share your post in the Meal Planning Monday blog hop!

Have a great week and enjoy x



get the InLinkz code

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I've never thought to use sweet potato as a topping for fish pie, but it sounds great! Well done for taking the step to join a Slimming World class!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x