Tuesday 8 March 2016

CookBlogShare Week 10 and The Savoury Round Up

First of all I must apologise for being so quiet on the CookBlogShare front. Things are just a bit manic and unsettled at home but we must continue on and I am looking forward to sharing with you my eight favourite recipes from the last two CookBlogShare's.

For this weeks round up I have gone for the savoury dishes. These dishes are all meals which my family and I would all love to have as a meal!

Here are my eight favourite recipes...

First up are these pikelets from Only Crumbs Remain. We love crumpets, but I will admit to preferring pikelets. They are thinner and I find them to be nicer than a thicker crumpet. These look so good with the butter melting into them. Perfect for a weekend brunch!

Next up are these Wagyu Meatloaf Cupcakes with Sweet Potato Frosting from Foodie Quine. These savoury cupcakes not only look great but they sound so tasty! This recipe is definitely going on my to try list. The kids, and I, love cupcakes so a savoury one is a must!

Following on is this flavoursome side dish of Dry Black Chickpeas from Herbs, Spices and Tradition. This dish is full of flavour from the garam masala. This post is not only a recipe but is also a post all about garam masala and how you can make your own.

This next dish called to me as soon as I read the ingredients! Only Crumbs Remain shared this deliciously tempting Spelt and Sheep's Cheese Pizza. As soon as I saw both spelt and sheep's cheese I was in! I love both of these ingredients and can imagine how well they go together!

When I saw the next post from Healthy Helper I knew that it was one for me. I love a good frittata but am often looking for new ways to serve it so this post of 15 frittata recipes was right up my street. There are so many ideas for additional ingredients you are bound to find plenty of new ways to enjoy this great egg dish!

Easy Peasy Foodie shared this firm family favourite dish, Sausage, Red Wine and Butter Bean Casserole. Since starting to eat more vegetarian meals we have been eating more beans. This kids would love the addition on sausages and would definitely be a success here!

Sneaky Veg has been coming up with even more ways to get more veg in our diets. These Spinach Farinata Crepes with Masala Dosa Potatoes both look and sound so good! I love how a sweet family favourite has been turned into a savoury with added goodness!

Last of all is this tasty curry shared by From Plate to Pen. This Chicken, Prawn and Mango Curry is a perfect combination of flavours. Next time I cook a chicken curry I will definitely be remembering this recipe!

Now over to you. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up and blogging about! Remember you can share recipes both old and new and there is no theme. All I ask is that you display the CookBlogShare badge, comment on my post and a few others. 

Here is to a great, foodie week!

CookBlogShare

12 comments:

  1. Busy, busy lives we lead Kirsty, there's no need to apologies. Great round up as usual, love the sound of the savoury cupcakes with sweet potato frosting. Thanks you too for including my pikelets & pizza :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous roundup, Kirsty. It was worth the wait ;-) Thank you so much for including my sausage casserole. Sorry you've had a difficult week. Hope life settles down again soon :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including my crepes - and well done for even getting the round up done at all when things are difficult! M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely roundup. It is hard keeping up sometimes isn't it. Life gets in the way xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason the badge isn't working for me so have just linked xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Louise - you could try using the badge code that appears in the right hand column instead - that usually works for me if I have a problem.

      Delete
  5. I Love savory dishes, so these recipes all sound Fabulous!! Thank you for hosting the Link-Up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kirsty, Nice round up, thanks for featuring my recipe of Dry black chickpeas. Thanks for hosting again dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting, I am joining in again this time with a vegan 'Fish' Pie

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's no need to apologise, life is tough enough without being hard on ourselves!

    Great roundup, lovely recipes to try! I've joined in with this weeks linky and I' sharing my 'Potato Pancakes' :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely round up! I love the idea of a spelt and sheeps cheese pizza too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh these look good. I will try and link up if I get my nut roast recipe written up today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x