Friday 11 March 2016

5th March - 11th March 2016 - One Picture Everyday for One Year

This week has been a hard week. It has been full of worry and upset. The week seems to have gone on forever. I have had a few days away from my blog to have time with my hubby and reflect on life in general. To be completely honest as I write this post I simply cannot think what else has happened during the week but I am sure that the pictures will prompt memories.

Here is our week in pictures...

Saturday 5th March 2016


When Mother's Day comes round the hubby always buys me a little treat. This year I got this lovely bottle of gin!

Sunday 6th March 2016


This Mother's Day we had a lazy day together. The hubby cooked dinner and we just spent time together at home. The children spoiled me with flowers, a chocolate shoe and some Pooh bear pyjamas. I love what is written on my pyjamas, "How do you spell love? You don't spell it, you feel it".

Monday 7th March 2016



On Monday the hubby got called to the hospital for his father. It was a long night of worry. But Joseph, as last week, was a god send. He helped with the twins and even volunteered to help at bedtime.

Tuesday 8th March 2016



This was the only picture that was taken on Tuesday. I bought lamb for my Easter Lamb Stew. After I had been shopping the day got harder. It turned into a very hard, sad day. My father in law passed away. The only comfort that we truly get is knowing that he is at peace.

Wednesday 9th March 2016



On Wednesday I received this lovely Easter hamper from Aldi. The chocolate was certainly a much needed treat.

Thursday 10th March 2016


This Easter egg had to be opened on Thursday. At the moment the diet has certainly been put on hold. There really are more important things to worry about at the moment.

Friday 11th March 2016



Friday was spent with my mother in law. I am still amazed and in awe of her strength.

I hope that you have had a good week. It is at times like this that we reflect about life and realise that the time that we have together is so delicate and precious. Please take some time to tell those closest how much you love them.

As always I am sharing with...

TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky
Running in Lavender
What Katy Said
Silent Sunday with MummyConstant

16 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss, much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your FIL, sending hugs. The flowers are beautiful xx #366

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your father-in-law. What a tough week for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Kirtsy I am so very sorry for your loss - sending you lots of hugs and best wishes for you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no what a tough sounding week, I hope you are getting through it? The Aldi package loos like such a lovely treat and hurrah for your Mum for sending gin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to read about your sad loss, but yes he is now at peace.Hope this week is not too harrowing for you.
    I love the sentiment on the pj's, and well done Joseph for being such a great help. Bob has been brilliant as well this last few weeks. The twins seem engrossed what he is doing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss. Hope that you can get through it. I think your flowers are beautiful such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no Kirsty sounds like a horrible week. I am guessing by reading the comments that your FIL is no longer with us - I am so sorry to hear that. :( I am glad the kids have been good for you. Big hugs and will see you on Thursday to do that in real life!

    Thanks for linking up to #SilentSunday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your father in law Kirsty, it's such a terrible time for you and your family, sending best wishes to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so very sorry to hear about your father-in-law, my thoughts are with you.

    That chocolate egg looks amazing and the flowers are beautiful.

    Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry for your loss but good to hear that your family are pulling together under such sad circumstances

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you all x

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely mothers day you had, so sorry to hear about your father in law

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a difficult week you've had. I'm so sorry to hear that your father in law passed away, my condolences to you all. Thanks for linking up to #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your Father in Law. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x