Tuesday 15 March 2016

Retro and Traditional Sweets from Lovi Sweets

Everybody loves a good sweet don't they. For me, you cannot beat the good old traditional sweets. I have fond memories of going to my late grandad's newsagents and selecting sweets from the floor to ceiling shelves full of sweets in jars. Years later my parents bought their own newsagents and I know that Joseph will also have a memory similar to mine.

When Lovi Sweets got in touch and asked if I would like to try some of their sweets I could not refuse! Lovi Sweets have combined the traditional sweet shop with the modern online way of shopping. 


Lovi Sweets stock a wide range of sweets from hard boiled sweets to gummy favourites from chews to liquorice. Choosing which sweets to order was the hard part!

In the end I decided to try some classic gummy sweets that were sugar free, some chocolate sweets that are perfect for this time of year and some chocolate coated peanuts.


Each 250g bag of sweets is lovingly presented in a transparent bag and sealed with a Lovi Sweet sticker. They are easy to open and the sticker stays sticky so you are able to reseal them. But I will warn you once you start picking at these sweets, you will find it so hard to stop!


Looking through the wide variety of sweets that Lovi Sweet stock I found that they stocked sweets which I have not seen since my parents sold their sweet shop so they certainly brought back a lot of memories. Prices vary from 87p all the way through to £4.28 per 250g bag which I feel, for the quality and the originality, is a great price.

I decided to order some gummy sweets from the sugar free range so I will admit to feeling less guilty eating them! I went for both the gum teddy bears and the mixed jellies. Both we just as good as the sugar versions and were just as irresistible!




I am planning to use the chocolate eggs for some Easter inspired treats as they will make the perfect topping. I also ordered some chocolate coated peanuts. I knew that these really would be a good one to try. I will admit to being quite fussy when it comes to chocolate but these chocolate coated peanuts were lovely. They made a perfect snack for when we went to see a movie! I was not the only one who enjoyed them, the twins also enjoyed sneaking some when they got the chance.


If you are looking for some traditional sweets I would definitely recommend having a look at Lovi Sweets. They have a wide variety of sweets to suit all budgets. After ordering I was surprised by how quickly they arrived. If you need your sweets to arrive even quicker you can opt for a courier delivery. The only thing that I would change about Lovi Sweets would be for them to offer mixed bags of sweets.

I have found Lovi Sweets to be a pleasure to work with and like their customer interaction via Twitter. You can follow them at @LoviSweets.

Disclosure: I was given a voucher to use to purchase sweets from Lovi Sweets for the purpose of this review. No cash payment was received. All views, words and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh yum! I don't think they would last long here. hehehe
    I'm off to have a look at the site now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very yummy I Love sweets

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x