Monday 24 February 2014

Budget Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 24th February 2014

It is the last week of the Great British Budget and I have to admit that we are having a few treats this week!

Last week our shopping list was quite small so we allowed ourselves the same budget and bought a few items of food that we would normally not buy on a regular basis purely because of the price. We have also kept within budget over the last month I believe that we deserve a treat.

Last weeks meal plan, again, did not go as I had hoped. This was down to illness, again, but this time on my part.

Now that we are all back to our normal healthy selves I am looking forward to serving, and eating, some delicious meals!

This is what we will be enjoying...

Week Commencing 24th February 2014

Chicken and Leek Pie

I have to admit, this is not a homemade pie. It is one that we treated ourselves to from the farm shop when we went out for the twins birthday. However it is one that is freshly made using organic ingredients! I will be serving the pie with baked French potatoes layered with onions, spinach and ricotta, french beans and carrots.

Chicken Stuffed with Stilton and Wrapped in Bacon

This will be served with roasted sweet potato and crunchy baby sweetcorn, sugar snap peas and french beans.

Slow Cooked Chilli Beef

I will slow cook the stewing steak in a tomato sauce with red chilli, green chilli, red and green peppers, onions and kidney beans. It will be served with creamy mash potatoes.

Leftovers

There will be, no doubt, plenty of leftovers from the slow cooked chilli beef. I will bulked it up with extra vegetables and add courgettes. I will serve with freshly made wraps and rice.

Mushroom and Smoked Bacon Risotto

This risotto is an easy, quick meal that is delicious with Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.

Italian Inspired Cod Loin

The cod is baked with peppers, onions, oregano, basil and tomatoes. When the fish is cooked I sprinkle over a cheese topping and grill. This will be served on a bed of tagliatelle.

There will also be plenty of homemade bread, ginger tea loaf and I am planning a new rhubarb pudding too!

Have a lovely week x

 
Join the Great British Budget Challenge
Disclaimer: I volunteered to take part in this campaign as it is a subject that is close to my heart. However at the end there is a prize draw for the panellists.

I am sharing my weekly meal plan on At Home With Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday
 

5 comments:

  1. This sounds seriously yummy. Enjoy your week!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds great. I love a good risotto, and love the sound of the cod x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are all feeling better!!
    Everything sounds delicious!
    Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I'm not a big fan of fish,.but that italian inspired cod sounds utterly delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken stuffed with stilton and wrapped in bacon sounds amazing!! I'm going to have to try that :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x