Sunday 9 February 2014

3rd February - 9th February 2014 - One Picture Everyday for One Year

This month I have started to follow some picture prompts.
I decided to do this to challenge myself but I also knew that I wanted to focus the prompts around the children, our family and of course food!
This is how we got on, here is our week in pictures...

Monday 3rd February 2014


Orange

I have been thinking about some new activities for the twins this prompt gave me an idea!
I am going to make up a colour box every week to help the twins learn and recognise colours.
This week it is orange.
I have found a box and have filled it with orange toys and crepe paper.
Next week I will do them same but with a different colour.
This box has been a hue success over the week and the twins have both been going for the box. Isabella has even been asking for the "orange box".

Tuesday 4th February 2014

 

Childhood

Being able to make a mess without worrying about tidying up!
I left the twins in the room while I put the washing to dry and came back to this mess!
It may be a mess but it looked like they had fun!
Notice how yesterday's orange crepe paper is now shredded up!

Wednesday 5th February 2014

 

Square
We got the twins these stacking boxes for Christmas. They love stacking them up, counting them, then knocking them down. I am amazed by how their counting has come on! They can both confidently count to 10 and I am sure that toys like this have helped to encourage them!

Thursday 6th February 2014



Something Beginning With C
Cuddle!
I love seeing these special moments that the twins have. When they are not arguing over a toy or falling out. The special moments when you can see how close they really are x 

Friday 7th February 2014



Utensils
Who knew that utensils could be so much fun!
I gave the twins a whisk and a pastry brush to play with.
I totally underestimated how much they would enjoy looking at them, feeling them and playing with them.

Saturday 8th February 2014




Water
It seems like all we've had recently is wind and rain.
When I took my Josephs swimming this morning he loved watching the ripples that the strong wind was making in the huge puddles!

Sunday 9th February 2014



Detail
My detail is detail on taste!
On Friday my worst nightmare happened. My oven has decided to not heat up! Thankfully we filled out the form for the extra years warranty as it is just over a year old. Hopefully when the engineer comes on Tuesday he can fix it. On Saturday I always bake a cake or a pudding so this week it had to be a non bake dessert. After the success of Burns Night I decided to make another Cranachan but using my own quantities! It was delicious!


Follow my year in pictures at Blipfoto

I'll be sharing my 365 Project with The Boy and Me

 365

I'll also be sharing with Make Do and Push's The Week That Was Captured #TWTWC

Grab button for The Week That Was
I will be following the prompts during February from Fat Mum Slim's Photo A Day

14 comments:

  1. it is nice to have themes - i keep toying with the idea of doing the same to keep my photos a bit more interesting.
    i love the idea of the colour box and you found a lot of orange objects too. and mess is def a BIG part of childhood and it is best to be laid back about it isnt it. i tidy up as often as i can but it soon becomes messy again x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, as soon as I tidy up the mess reappears!! Once they're in bed then its tidy xx

      Delete
  2. sounds like a busy week, i cant believe how much standing water there is x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the oven. Nightmare. Glad you have the warrenty. Great memories captured this week, I have followed prompts before but always end up falling off the wagon.

    #TWTWC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much baking this week as it's still not fixed :-( fingers crossed the engineer can fix it later today! x

      Delete
  4. The coloured theme box is a nice idea, I'm glad they are enjoying that. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They loved it and we'll be carrying on with the colour themes, also want to do a counting game so thinking cap on! x

      Delete
  5. A colour box sounds like a great idea! Eeek! Not good about the oven - but glad it's under guarantee!

    Thanks so much for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting x fingers crossed they fix my oven today! x

      Delete
  6. Yes I like the idea of the colour box as well, and how happy the 2 of them look sat in the highchairs paying with the utensils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. prompts are excellent for when you lose a little momentum during this project well chosen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are more of a challenge which I am enjoying x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x