Saturday 22 February 2014

Busy Couple of Days

We have had such a busy couple of days hence why I've been so quiet!
I have got a quiet half an hour while Joseph is swimming so I thought I'd write a quick post to bring you up to date with what's been going on.
On the twins birthday we didn't do a lot as we were all still recovering from the sickness bug. We just enjoyed spending some time together without any distractions.
Yesterday morning my priority was to bake the twins birthday cake.
I have decided to make them a cake that hopefully has chocolate sponge Mickey Mouse heads running through.
I am praying that it works.
I was going to have a trial run by making one with hearts for Valentines day but then my oven broke!
Then I was going to have a trial last weekend and the sickness struck so this really is winging it!!!
I have decorated the cake as I wanted to however I have not had the time to add the detail that I planned to. I was decorating the cake at 7am this morning before the twins had their breakfast! I had planned to bake the cake over two days and spend the third day decorating. But the bug meant that the luxury of time went out the window.
Today we are celebrating the twins birthday like we originally wanted to. We are spending the day with their grandparents and taking them to a farm. I can't wait to see their little faces when they see the animals. They are now at an age that they will know what they are seeing as they will recognise the different animals.
Afterwards everyone will come back to our house for a party lunch and birthday cake.
I still can't quite believe that my babies are 2!
They are coming on so well and make us giggle so much with their antics.
I wish I could keep them this small forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x