Sunday 16 February 2014

10th February - 16th February 2014 - One Picture Everyday for One Year

This week hasn't been a great week!
We have had poorly twins, I've had poorly parents and now I have a poorly husband!
I also had no oven until Friday, so no baking for me!
This week a lot my pictures have been food related and, as it was Valentines day, love related!
I have to admit that this week I have not stuck to the prompts everyday. This is mainly because I felt that a few of the prompts didn't go with what we were doing on that day or they just did not inspire me.
This is our week in pictures...

Monday 10th February 2014

 

I am...
I am (was) delighted with the new meal that I cooked on Monday. It will be a recipe that I will be sharing next week as I really do not want to forget how I made it and I think others would enjoy it too! I made Thai Style Sea Bass served with crunchy vegetables, sweet potato, broccoli and a cooling herb dip.

Tuesday 11th February 2014

Tuesdays prompt of the day was "mistake". Thankfully this is something that didn't suit our day.
But I did manage to bake hubby and early Valentines treat! I made him a Valentines Day Suet Pudding which I steamed. I have missed baking so much while my oven has not been working. This pudding not only cured my baking withdrawal but also gave hubby a pudding which I knew he'd love!

Wednesday 12th February 2014


Out and About
On Wednesday morning when we were out and about down the garden, before the rain started, I noticed signs that spring is on its way! I'm sure it won't be long until the daffodils are in bloom!
This picture really was the calm before the storm. It got so windy here and we weren't in the area where it was at its strongest. We did loose a couple of ridge tiles and normal tiles off the roof but nothing that can't be fixed.

Thursday 13th February 2014


Perfect
Thursday had been a night that we had been looking forward to for a few weeks now.
Originally the children were going to go and stay with my mum and dad and we were going to have our first child free night in over 2 years! But things changed when my parents heating stopped working and couldn't be fixed until after Thursday.
Our child free night went to a date night and my parents came to babysit for us. We got ready for a lovely romantic meal out. I actually got chance to get dolled up, which only happens on the odd occasion these days! We said good night to the children and set off. However as soon as we got sat down at the table we got a phone call from my dad telling us that my mum had collapsed and was ill. So we rushed back so that they could go home!
Our date night out was now a date night in!
Despite all the messing around we still had a lovely night together as that is what is important, being together!
My picture is us because we go perfectly together x

Friday 14th February 2014


Heart
Valentines day, like our romantic meal, certainly didn't go as planned!
We were woken up in the night by Taylor being sick. We were up with him from 2:45 and from then on he was sick every half hour bless him. Luckily hubby had taken the day off so he was able to help me with Isabella, who was ok except from waking up with conjunctivitis!
However I was wined and dined in the evening. Hubby cooked me a steak meal which was delicious and spoilt me with a big box of Hanley's chocolates and a bottle of Whitley Neill gin!
Also my oven got fixed!!! Yay!!!

Saturday 15th February 2014


Saturday was another day where the prompt didn't inspire me, but baking did!
Yes I can bake again now that my oven is fixed! So I made my first Fourgasse! I made a garlic and oregano one to go with our dinner.
Sickness update: Now little Isabella has started! So the bug has spoilt yet another planned evening. We had planned to have a family night with Joseph once the twins were in bed and let him have some quality mum and dad time. But no, we had a sicky little lady instead! So we have told Joseph that as it is half term we will be able to do it another night.

Sunday 16th February 2014


Today is another day where the prompt is not going to be happening! Today the prompt is create. Me create at the moment? Not going to happen!
The perfect picture for today is of my new best friend.
Coffee!
I need caffeine today. We had, yet another, awful night. This time it was my hubbys turn to be up and down all night with the sickness.
Am I really going to be able to avoid this bug?
I hope I can as if I get ill, I have to keep going and look after the kiddies.
The twins are still under the weather and Joseph has just gone up to bed with a tummy ache.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me, I think I'm going to need it!

Follow my year in pictures at Blipfoto

I'll be sharing my 365 Project with The Boy and Me
365

I'll also be sharing with Make Do and Push's The Week That Was Captured #TWTWC

Grab button for The Week That Was
I will be trying to follow the prompts during February from Fat Mum Slim's Photo A Day




 

12 comments:

  1. wow you made fourgasse i thought that was a pate made from over feeding geese god knows where i got that from how did it taste i bet it is all gone. I hope your family get well soon finally our house has shaken the illness after 2 months of one or all or us being sick. Still loving that hearty cake you clever lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are all better soon, sometimes caffeine really is essential ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm check your cooking and baking out you have been busy, the suet pudding looks very impressive with the red heart on top and the fourgasse looks and sounds amazing.
    so sorry you have had poorly children - i hope the germs steer clear of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy week no wonder you were in need of the coffee! Hope your mum was ok though :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya loving the suet pudding, looks very professional! It's so awful when the sick bug take hold of everyone isn't? Hope you've managed to escape! At least they got it out of the way for the half term!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh the sea bass looks lovely :) Hope everyone is better x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh which double pram is that? It looks great! Gosh your fourgasse looks delicious!!!

    Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It the Baby Jogger City Select and it is fantastic!! Its the same width as a single pushchair so really easy to get around with xx

      Delete
  8. look forward to seeing the recipe for the first shot, it looks yummy #project365

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear I hope you escaped being ill too. It's really hard to prevent it passing on when in the same household.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh lots of lovely sounding baking going on in your house. I have never made a suet pudding, but I will have to try as it is one of my hubby's favourites too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you escaped! Hurrah for the return of baking too but great news that suet pudding was popular. I have not tried using prompts - sounds challenging! Hope all are well now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x