Tuesday 4 February 2014

Creamy Chicken and Chorizo

Two flavours which I really enjoy cooking together are chicken and chorizo.
I love the depth of flavour that the chorizo brings to the dish and reminds me of my time in Spain.
It is also such an easy, flavoursome meal to cook. The chorizo adds all of the added flavours that you need!
This is my favourite way of combining the two...

Creamy Chicken and Chorizo

Ingredients

3 chicken breasts
200g chorizo - I use chorizo that needs cooking at home but if you want to use pre cooked you can
2 leeks, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
300mls double cream
Olive oil
Brown wholegrain rice to serve

Method

1 - Cook the chorizo as per instructions. I usually cook it in the oven at 200C for 12 minutes, turning half way through.

2 - While the chorizo is cooking heat some olive oil in a saute pan and add the chicken

3 - Once the chicken has browned off add the onions and leeks

4 - When the chorizo is cooked slice the sausage on a plate or a dish. You will need the delicious oils that come out of the chorizo as you slice it and what have come out during cooking

5 - Add the chorizo and all of the oil that has come out, it is these oils that help to add a lot of the flavours that this dish has

6 - When the chicken is cooked thoroughly ad the double cream and heat through before serving on a bed of brown wholegrain rice

This is such a delicious meal that is so easy to make.
The spices that come out of the chorizo mean that seasoning or adding herbs and spices to this meal is not needed.
You could even add some red peppers if you wish, or change the leeks for spring onions!
Enjoy x

 
 
I am sharing this recipe with Honest Mum's Tasty Tuesdays. Check out Papa G’s perfect pan-fried scallops with chilli and ginger on this weeks Tasty Tuesdays
 

I am also sharing with A Mummy Too's Recipe of the Week. Check out Recipe of the Week for more delicious recipes!

Link up your recipe of the week

7 comments:

  1. Nice combination. I will have to give this a go

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen uncooked chorizo, is it different to the normal smoked sausage chorizo in the chiller cabinet?

    Chorizo makes every yum doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love this combo, thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays, fab to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing chorizo everywhere now...and such a great taste. I love the idea of combining with chicken and leeks. #TastyTuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. two great flavour combinations, it has to be a winner #TastyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful. The hub would be majorly impressed, I reckon. Thank you for linking up to #recipeoftheweek. It’s always appreciated :) I’ve Pinned and Tweeted this post and there’s a new linky just gone live - would love you to join in x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this looks and sounds delicious. I love chorizo, and mixing it with chicken is a great idea. One to note!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x