Monday 7 December 2015

CookBlogShare - Week 20 The Tempting Round Up

Last week Cook Blog Share was full of delicious treats. Both savoury and sweet recipes were shared and I was well and truly spoilt for choice when it came to selecting my four favourite recipes.

I will admit to changing my mind a couple of times but I did keep on coming back to the sweet treats that were on show. So it was no surprise that I ended up writing this round up. Calling it the tempting round up is extremely fitting as these dishes simply kept on calling me back for more!

Here are my four favourite recipes...


First up is an alternative to a traditional Christmas cake. Julie's Family Kitchen shared this delicious Chocolate Christmas Cake. This cake looks absolutely divine covered in Hotel Chocolat, which is my favourite luxury chocolate, it would make a welcome change to the regular fruit cake!

Next up is an alcoholic iced treat from Only Crumbs Remain. This Christmas Pudding and Brandy Sauce Ice Cream is heaven in a bowl! I adore Christmas pudding and brandy sauce and can only imagine how perfect this ice cream would be!

There was no way that any round up would be complete without Tales From The Kitchen Shed's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bun. The second that I saw these bun's I knew that I would love them! These buns combine some of my favourite flavour combinations. If I made these they really would not last long! Hence the 'tempting' round up!

Finally is Rugelach from Berry Much Blog. This is a new pastry to me and I love the sound of how the pastry is made. It does not contain butter like regular pastry, it is substituted with cream cheese. This recipe is definitely going on my must try list!

As always thank you to everyone for joining in with last weeks Cook Blog Share. It is lovely to see both regulars returning and new blogs appearing.

This week Cook Blog Share is hosted by Mandy at Sneaky Veg. We are both looking forward to seeing what you have been cooking up!

Hope you all have a great week x

CookBlogShare

2 comments:

  1. Great round up Kirsty, I for one don't know how you manage to whittle down your favourites either, there's always a brilliant choice of recipes / bakes submitted x Thanks you for linking back to my Christmas Pudding and Brandy Sauce Ice Cream :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the round up this week Kirsty, so many fab recipes to choose from, I'd struggle to choose jut 4. I'm seriously tempted by the Christmas Pudding & Brandy Sauce Ice Cream, thanks for including my Chocolate Peanut Butter Buns x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x