Wednesday 16 December 2015

Christmas Activities

Now that the twins are at nursery they have become more eager to do arts and crafts. You will have noticed that I do not write craft posts, I am not in the slightest bit artistic. But I have got next week with the three children at home. I need to find plenty of activities to keep them all busy while the excitement builds as Christmas gets closer and there are so many times you can bake!

I know that I am not going to be the only mum out there that is like this so I thought that I would share with you my top ideas for keeping the kids busy before Christmas arrives.

Baking and Food Fun

Baking is a must at any time of year, but at Christmas even more so! There are so many foodie treats that can be made. Go for easy bakes which the children can do, this will keep them busy making the bakes but they will be so proud to see the finish product! Here are a couple of ideas that I have tried and tested and would definitely recommend!




Make a Fun Picnic Lunch


Make Christmas Decorations

Decorating items for the Christmas tree is a fantastic activity and they make perfect Christmas keepsakes. Each year when we get the decorations out we find lovely homemade baubles and pendents which all have a story behind. This year we were sent a lovely box of ornaments for the twins to decorate along with some festive, metallic Sharpie pens. I love stationary so when I was asked if I would like to try some out with the twins I simply could not refuse. When we got the package the twins could not wait to start. When they found the ornaments they were full of excitement, sat happily colouring them in ready to hang on the tree. It has only been since the twins have started nursery they have had the concentration to sit and do more activities like this. The twins, loved the ornaments but my attention was on the pens. Anyone who loves pens, loves Sharpies they are some of the best pens to have in the house. They are perfect for labelling, for colouring and like this activity, perfect for crafting. The metallic pens are great for this time of year. The twins used them for the decorating while I used them to give our Christmas cards a festive feel.








Walking

Even on a cold day going out for a walk with the kids will allow them to run some energy off and to release a little of the excitement that will no doubt be building up!

Cinema Visit

This was always an activity that I did with Joseph when he was little and before the twins arrived. We always took a visit to the cinema on Christmas eve. This was our start of the Christmas festivities, This is a trip that we are hoping to take again this year, the two of us.

Whatever you decided to do next week during the run up to Christmas I hope you have a great week. Yes, it will be a long week for us parents as the children get excited, but it is going to feel even longer for the little ones if they do not have things to do!

Disclosure: I was sent the products mentioned for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x