Monday 19 September 2016

The Perfect Steak with Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa

We all love a good steak and cooking the perfect steak is definitely an art form Knowing when to turn the meat to knowing what to add to the dish. How you cook your steak can literally make or break a meal. 

Five years ago Jamie Oliver opened Barbecoa in central London. Barbecoa is a restaurant that I know we would love. They have combined various means of cooking into one kitchen so you know that however you like your meat cooking they will be certainly live up to the expectation. The kitchen contains robatas, Argentinian grills, wood fired ovens, Texas pit smokers and a tandoor oven. Unlike most restaurants, Barbecoa have their own, on site butchers so you are guaranteed the freshest, highest quality meat which is sourced from preferred organic suppliers.

Today I am sharing with you a fantastic infographic that any meat foodie will find extremely useful. I know that I will be referring to this next time I cook a steak.

Here is the experts guide to cooking steak...

Selecting which cut of meat is paramount. If you like a tender steak then you must go for either a feather blade as mentioned above or a filet. Feather blade is cheaper than the filet and a cut that I have not tried before. Next time I go to the butcher I will be asking for one. When I have tried it I will let you know what I thought! Once you have got your meat you need to add some extra ingredients for flavour. Barbecoa recommend adding salt, pepper, oil, garlic, butter and one of the following herbs, rosemary, thyme or oregano. Then you simply follow the method below.



Follow the method above and enjoy the perfect steak!

Barbecoa is the UK's first barbecue steakhouse and one that will be going on my "to visit" list. 

Have you been before? How do you like to cook your perfect steak?

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x