Monday 12 September 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 12th September 2016


It is Monday, which means it is time to meal plan. Last weeks meal plan was a success and it was good to get back into a routine. J has had a smooth transition into secondary school and the twins are settling into full time school. All three children have been having school dinners. The twins dinners are free and they are really enjoying them. J has also been having money for lunch and has been enjoying a variety of different foods. As the twins have been having a hot meal and pudding (which they love!) at school I have found that they are wanting a lighter meal in the evening and wanting it earlier than usual.

As for me, I have been thriving with the extra time that I have got. Last week I spent the majority of my time during the day catching up with house jobs that have been neglected over the summer. As much as I miss the kids, I have to say that it is lovely having time to get the house sorted and have some quiet time for baking, cooking and of course blogging. I am hoping that within a couple of weeks I will get the the point where I am even ahead of myself!

This weeks meal plan will be featuring meals from Hello Fresh. I will be receiving today one of their family boxes and will be writing a blog post all about how Hello Fresh can help you easily get back into the school routine with their meal boxes that contain recipes and pre measured ingredients. I have seen what recipes will be coming and I have to admit that I am really looking forward to the meals!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 12th September 2016

Monday - Shepherds Pie

This is a real family favourite and a great way to start the week!

Tuesday - Mushroom, Broccoli and Pancetta Gnocchi

This is the first Hello Fresh meal that I will be making. We love all of these ingredients so I have a feeling that we will love this dish!

Wednesday - BBQ Sausage Skewers with Cheesy Chips

This dish is served with a lemony avocado salad and sounds so good! I love the sound of the cheesy chips!

Thursday - Chorizo Crusted Tilapia

Tilapia is a white fish and I can just imagine how much flavour the chorizo will add to it. This will be served with miniature roasties.

Friday - Jamie's South Asian Chicken Curry

Jamie Oliver has been working alongside Hello Fresh and has created some delicious meals for their boxes and this is one of them. It will be served with white rice and I will be adding a naan bread too.

I will be planning Saturday's meal closer to the time.

I am looking forward to telling you all about the Hello Fresh meals and I will be sharing them on my Instagram page throughout the week so keep an eye out!

If you write a weekly meal plan then why not join in with the Meal Planning Monday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. We love Hello Fresh - We used to get it all of the time. Good luck, remember to post us pics on Instagram so that we can see what it all looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I want your Monday and Tuesday recipes please :) I love Gnocchi and I love shepherds pie - obviously I Will use Quorn mince and sweet potatoes haha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to try Hello Fresh and I think you may have just convinced me! The gnocchi dish sounds like the best :)

    Hayleigh - Budget Food Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I love the sound of the sausage skewers, my boys would love those. Glad the school settling is going well too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x