Monday 5 September 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 5th September 2016


I cannot believe that we are in September the year is flying by. With the arrival of September comes the return to school. On Tuesday the children return and our lives are changing. J is going to be attending the local academy secondary school and going from walking to our little village school to travelling on a bus to a large school. The twins are also moving on. They are going from nursery into full time school. The transition for them will be easier as they already attend the nursery which is in the school setting. So the only difference that they will notice is the longer days. As for me, I am in two minds, part of me is sad that this chapter of our children's lives is over and they are growing, however there is also a large part of me that is looking forward to having some more time to be more organised around the house and having dedicated blog time.

This weeks meals are going to be dishes that I can prepare before I collect the twins. I am expecting them to be extremely tired by the time we get home so this weeks meals will be ones which I can serve to them when they get home but meals that I can keep warm until the hubby gets home. I am also planning a little treat for their first day back to school.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 5th September 2016

Monday - Pasta Primavera

This will be an easy meal to start the week.

Tuesday - Guy's Burgers

On Tuesday I will be having a go at recreating a favourite dish from our holiday.


The burgers from Guy's Burger Joint were epic! This week I will be recreating this dish and I will be telling you all about it on Friday!

Wednesday - Curried Carrot, Butternut Squash and Chickpea Soup

I will be serving this homemade soup with some lovely crusty bread rolls.

Thursday - Sausage Stew

This is a favourite of the kids which I haven't made in a while. But as with all stews it is one that can be prepared early and left to cook throughout the day.

Friday - Fish Friday Curry

For this weeks fish Friday I am combining it with a curry night and making a white fish curry served with jasmine rice and naan breads.

Saturday - Chilli con Carne Pie

This is a simple yet delicious dish. The chilli con carne is topped with mash potatoes in a cottage pie style dish.

Do you write a meal plan? If so why not join in withe the Meal Planning Monday blog hop. 

Hope you have a good week x


get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely menu for this week! That soup sounds so yummy! I haven't had a sausage stew in years x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely selection of meals and looking forward to seeing your version of that epic burger x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the return to school!
    The fish curry sounds fantastic....Fab meal plan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fish curry sounds amazing, I have never used fish in a curry before x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x