Tuesday 13 September 2016

Cinnamon Crisp Viennese Fingers

As you no doubt know, I love the Great British Bake Off! A couple of years ago I even applied to be on the show, but got no further than an interview. I have not applied since and do not think that I will but that does not stop me baking along with the show.


While the show is on Aldi have challenged me to bake along using their ingredients. So for the next few weeks my regular Aldi posts will all be around the baking theme. Last week I shared my Honey and Lemon Cupcakes for week one of the bake off. This week I am baking for biscuit week. Last week I made Viennese Whirls and we all loved them. I am not a big biscuit maker as I have never really had much success with them, until I made Viennese Whirls last week! After realising how easy they were to make. This got me thinking about how I could adapt the recipe to add extra flavours. So when I was doing my weekly shopping trip last week I was on the look out for ingredients that I could use for this weeks recipe. I found some lovely Belgian chocolate that had flavours that really stood out to me. The Cachet chocolate bars come in four tempting varieties Cinnamon Crisp, Caramel and Sea Salt, Peppermint and Cocoa Nibs. Today's recipe features the Cinnamon Crisp but I am already planning how I can use the others so keep an eye out! But first let me show you how I used the Cinnamon Crisp in my biscuit bake.


This is what I did...


Cinnamon Crisp Viennese Fingers

Ingredients

175g butter, room temperature
50g caster sugar
175g plain flour
2tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp vanilla paste
100g block of Cachet unique Belgian chocolate - Cinnamon Crisp

Method

Pre heat the oven to 160C

1 - Mix the butter and sugar together until light and creamy

2 - Sift in the flour and cinnamon and mix thoroughly

3 - Spoon the mixture into an icing bag fitted with a large star nozzle

4 - Pipe the biscuit dough in even fingers on a sheet of baking paper

5 - Place the piped biscuits in the fridge for 15 minutes, this will help the biscuits retain their shape and design

6 - After they have been chilled place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 25 minutes

7 - Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack

8 - Place the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water and melt

9 - Pour the melted chocolate into a disposable icing bag and cut a small hole at the bottom before drizzling over the biscuits and allow the chocolate to set before serving


These biscuits are not only easy to make but also look fantastic and are ideal to serve up for afternoon tea. They are such a buttery delight that almost melt in your mouth. After just one, you will be wanting more!


Enjoy x


Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with Aldi

CookBlogShare
Casa Costello

4 comments:

  1. Ooh these look totally divine! I love cinnamon and can imagine that these are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yum - these look delicious!! And so easy :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look absolutely amazing Kirsty, I adore vienesse biscuits and to top them off with a cinnamon flavoured chocolate world make them even more fabulous :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so professional and light and airy too. You have definitely got the knack of these! Thanks again for joining in with #BakeoftheWeek x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x