Monday 19 September 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 19th September 2016


Monday means it is time for Meal Planning Monday. Is it just me or are the weeks flying by?

Last weeks meals were a success and so tasty! Last week I told you that we were trying a family recipe box from Hello Fresh. So far we have had two of the four meals that came in the box. When I planned our meals last week I forgot that I was at an evening event on Thursday so I did not need to cook. The kids had school dinners and the hubby fended for himself. As for Fridays meal we went for an easy meal and got a ready made dinner. On Thursday I did not get home until nearly half past midnight so as you can probably imagine on Friday I was shattered so to make life easy the hubby suggested that we go and buy an easy meal.

This week we are starting the week with a birthday. Today J turns 12! The weekend has been a weekend of celebrations. On Saturday we went out with our parents and my sister and daughters for a meal to celebrate his birthday. We were then surprised when my mum and dad took us all out for a meal on Sunday. So it has been a real lazy weekend food wise. Today we are starting off with a birthday meal that J has asked for and we will also be having the final meals from last weeks Hello Fresh box.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...


Week Commencing 19th September 2016

Monday - Homemade Pizza, Pasta and Garlic Bread

As a treat for J's birthday I will be making some homemade pizza dough and will be letting the kids top their own pizza. I will also be making some pasta and a bolognese sauce to go on the side with some garlic bread.

Tuesday - Leftover Beef Dinner

My mum has given us some beef that was meant for our Sunday dinner but we ended up going out instead. So she has given me some of the beef for us to have so on Tuesday I will be using it for a roast dinner.

Wednesday - Chorizo Topped Tilapia

This was one of the Hello Fresh meals that did not get made and one which I am really looking forward to. I love chorizo and the depth of flavour that it adds to a meal.

Thursday - South Asian Chicken Curry

This is the final Hello Fresh meal that we have. We love a good curry so we are curious to see whether this one will live up to our expectations. I will be serving it with rice and peshwari naan breads.

Friday - Beef Stew

In the Hello Fresh box came some delicious mustard and horseradish sauce and I have some left and what better way to use it than in a stew. Now that it is becoming more autumnal a good old stew in needed!

As for the weekends meal, I am waiting until nearer the time to plan. Keep an eye out for my post all about the Hello Fresh box that we received. Hope you have a good week.

Do you write a meal plan? If so join in with the Meal Planning Monday blog hop!




get the InLinkz code

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to J! I hope they have had a fab day! Ahh! Making your own pizza is such fun!
    I like the sound of the Chorizo Topped Tilapia! Yum :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. J's birthday meal actually sounds like heaven. I really want to try the family hello fresh box,the meals sound so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at this! I do plan my meals but it often goes wrong! Happy Birthday to J. 12??!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope J had a great birthday. His birthday meal sounds lush! The Chorizo topped Tilapia sounds beautiful - I'm a huge fan of chorizo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sound of the meal kits - it's a great way of trying some new recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x