Monday 26 September 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 26th September 2016


Welcome to anther weekly meal plan. I wish that I could tell you that last weeks plan went as expected but it did not. The hubby was not feeling well so I had to change a couple of meals and from then on it sort of fell apart. But onwards and upwards, this week will be better!

This week marks the start, yes again, of healthier eating. I hate to diet, it makes me miserable, it makes me grumpy, but my back is starting to play up again and I really do not think that the extra weight helps. So I am going to be trying to shift a couple of stone. We have also decided to go sober for October! We have three kids and often need a gin or wine to wind down at the end of the day but as we all know they contain empty calories. This is going to be a real challenge for me as I do love a gin but it will do me the world of good to have a month of no drinking! Can I do it? I am really not sure, but I am going to really try! I will be letting you know how I get on as I think that this will encourage me even more.

This is what we are going to enjoy this week...

Week commencing 26th September 2016

Monday - Chorizo Topped Tilapia

Yet again, I did not get round to making this meal last week. But it will get made today!

Tuesday - Corned Beef Hash with Eggs

This is a dish that the hubby has asked for so we are having it this week. I am at the hospital for a check up around dinner time so this is a good meal that I can make in advance.

Wednesday - Bob Bob Ricard

On Wednesday I am going to London for lunch with the lovely ladies from Carnival and my fellow 'seeker' mums. We will be having a meal at the iconic Soho restaurant Bob Bob Ricard which I am really looking forward to!

Thursday - Creamy Veg Pasta and Salad

On Thursday I will be making a creamy pasta sauce that is packed to Mediterranean vegetables to go with the some lovely artisan pasta that we found on a recent shopping trip. I will be using creme fraiche as the base for the sauce.

Friday - South Asian Chicken Curry

This is yet another meal that did not get made last week. This week we will be having a Friday curry night!

Saturday - Beef Stew 

This is going to be an easy slow cooked dish. I will be making enough for leftovers for Sunday. 

Sunday - Leftover Beef Stew Pie

What better way to use leftover beef stew than in a pie. This is the perfect autumnal meal.

What have you got planned for the week?



2 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the South Asian Curry. BTW I did Dry January and felt great. Since then I'e only been having a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend. I realised although it made me feel nice and relaxed in the evening it made me REALLY grumpy the next day...even 1 small glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week as usual! Good luck with going sober, I noticed how much better I felt after cutting down on alcohol. Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x