Sunday 24 November 2013

Lemon and Lime Crumble Cake

My favourite cakes and puddings have to anything citrus.
I love the sweet tangy flavour that they gleave in your mouth!
My hubby also enjoys my crumble cakes so I decided incorporate the two and created this beautiful cake!

Lemon and Lime Crumble Cake

Ingredients

Cake
200g baking spread
200g caster sugar
4 eggs at room temperature
225g self raising flour
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Zezt and juice of 1 lime

Crumble topping
55g plain flour
30g butter 
20g caster sugar

Filling
Lemon curd
Double cream whipped
Icing sugar

Method

Pre heat oven to 180C

1 - mix the baking spread and caster sugar until creamy and light
2 - add the lemon and lime zest and mix
3 - beat the eggs together and add the lemon and lime juice
4 - gradually add the egg and juice mix along with a little flour to prevent curdling
5 - sift in the flour and mix until evenly combined together
6 - divide the mixture into two cake tins
7 - to make the crumble topping place the butter, flour and caster sugar into a food processor and blitz until you have a breadcrumb consistency
8 - evenly spread the crumble topping over one of the cake mixtures and place in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until baked all the way through
9 - once baked remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before removing then finish cooling on a cooling rack
10 - once completely cooled whisk the double cream until thick adding a little icing sugar to sweeten
11 - level off the bottom half of the cake and spread with lemon curd the amount you use can be adjusted to taste I used 3 desert spoons because I love the added tang it gives! 
12 - spread the whipped double cream over the lemon curd and place the crumble topped cake on the top

This cake is a delicious citrus treat that I cannot wait to bake again! 

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x