Monday 12 June 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday 2017 Week 24

Hello and welcome to week 24 of #MealPlanningMonday.

This is a big week for me. Today I am finally starting my new job. I am so excited and a little nervous but looking forward to starting this new chapter of my life.

This weeks meal plan was planned before I did my shopping. Over the last few weeks I have been getting a box of vegetables delivered so I have planned after the box has arrived. But as they are away for a couple of weeks I have had to plan more in advance. To save money I have also gone back to ordering our shopping online. When I go shopping I often get tempted by offers and always end up buying more than we actually need. So by shopping online I have more control and can easily add or take things off over the week. During the half term I did a 'click and collect' order so that I did not have to take the children shopping and it was so easy! So instead of getting my shopping delivered this week I have done another click and collect order and plan to continue shopping this way as it is going to be so much easier now that I am working.

Last week I completed the Cancer Research Race for Life. This, for me, was a great achievement because when I signed up to do it I could not run for 2 minutes let alone for 5k. So I am feeling quite proud of myself and plan to continue running. I completed the race in 41 minutes and found finishing with my mum to be really emotional.

 



This weeks meal plan is a good mixture of meat based and vegetable based meals. The hubby brought home the new Hairy Bikers Go Veggie cookbook. I love veggie meals but the hubby has been more reluctant so I am going to try a couple of the recipes this week and am looking forward to see what everyone thinks of them! The hubby and I are also having a treat on Friday as it is my birthday on Thursday but we will be celebrating on Friday!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 12th June 2017

Lunches

Leftovers
Couscous salad
Egg meals
Homemade soup

Dinners

Mushroom and lentil ragu with whole wheat spaghetti
Latin American shepherds pie
Lemon chicken with potatoes and vegetables
Lemon and black pepper salmon
Marks and Spencer's meal for £10 for my birthday
Fish and chips
Roast chicken

What meals will you be having this week? I look forward to reading your #MealPlanningMonday posts in the blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new job and well done you for completing the Race for Life. That is such a great achievement! Happy birthday for Thursday!
    I like the sound of the Latin American shepherds pie...It sounds interesting x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday for Thursday! I would love to take part in Race for Life and say every year I will sign up but I don't. I am going to though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the race for life and good luck for the new job too. The lemon chicken and shepards pie sound amazing. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x