Monday 19 June 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday 2017 Week 25


Hello and welcome to week 25 of MealPlanningMonday!

I hope you had a great week and were as blessed with the summer weather as we were! It feels so good to finally have some sunshine and heat. My moods are always so much better when it is sunny! Over the weekend we have spend the majority of the time out in the garden. I even did my ironing outside in the sun while the children were playing under the water sprinkler.

Last week I started my job and I love it! I know that I made the right decision applying for the job. It has given me a new lease of life. I am my old self again, interacting with real people and having something different to apply myself to. Being part time means that I can still keep up with my love of blogging. I really do have the best of both worlds.

The only thing that did not quite go as well was my meal plan. It started off well but then the nice weather came and my food motivation went out. We did have the mushroom and lentil ragu, which was amazing and enough left for a second meal. So the following day I added some MOR pork, super green veg and lentil sausages that I was sent to try and had a second meal. The gluten, wheat and dairy free sausages went perfectly with the sauce. Each sausage is full of pork, asparagus, peas, spinach, green lentils, onion and coriander in a sweet chilli dressing.


This weeks meals are a mixture of good old leftovers being used up, a ready meal that we did not have last week and delicious summery meals.

This is what we will be having this week.

Week Commencing 19th June 2017

Lunches

This week I really need to pay more care when it comes to lunches. As I start work at 12.30 I need to eat about 11.30 - 11.45 and have just grabbed a sandwich. So I am going to start having an earlier breakfast with the children instead of after the school run and planning my lunch more carefully.

Soups
Egg dishes - omelette, scrambled eggs, fried eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes
Leftovers
Sandwich (but not every day!)

Dinner

Leftover BBQ pasta bake
Chicken and super green veg curry (this was a meal that we planned to have on my birthday but decided to have a take away)
Chorizo and barley stew (recipe from BBC Good Food magazine)
Creamy salmon pasta
Meatballs in a chilli sauce with rice

As for the weekend I will plan closer to the time.

How do you plan meals around work? What are your top tips?

If you write a meal plan feel free to join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins


get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. Ironing outside is a genius idea!
    Great meal plan. I do love the summery meals. They always seem so simple to make too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own an iron!
    I am always so inspired by your menu then I look at mine and realise I am very plain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sausages look really interesting. I think i'll add salmon pasta on to my meal plan for next week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x