Monday 26 June 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday 2017 Week 26

Hello and welcome to week 26 of #MealPlanningMonday.

Wow we are already half way through the year! Where has the time gone?

Last weeks meal plan was a huge success, we had each and every main meal that I had planned! The only slight alteration was that the meatballs were used in a bolognese sauce and is in the freezer ready and waiting for next week as we decided to get an easy meal while we were out on Saturday. I am finally getting used to my new routine of housework, kids, blogging and work. But it is all about to change yet again! I have been asked to do some overtime as of next week. I will be doing full days until the end of term which is going to make meal planning even more important!

This weeks meal plan is a super cheap budgeting plan. As I am now employed I have had to declare this for our tax credits. I always declare any changes as soon as I can so that we do not get any over payments. This has meant that we have had a drop in money which, until I get paid, really is effecting our shopping budget. But I am not complaining I think it does us good to have a cheap week! Since my work with Aldi came to an end I have been looking round at supermarket prices and have been pleasantly surprised to see that a lot of prices at Tesco are now comparable to Aldi. This, for me, is great news as I can place click and collect orders and not have to pay significantly more for our shopping! The click and collect service is now a God send! I drive past Tesco on my way home so not only does it save me time but also saves us money each week!

This weeks meal plan is not only a cheap one, but, I think, a delicious one! This is what we will be having this week...

Week Commencing 26th June 2017

Lunches

This is a meal that I am still struggling with as I am eating a lot earlier than I normally would. Last week I relied a lot on both leftovers and egg dishes. This week I will be doing much the same as I will still be having lunch at home. Next week will be a challenge as I will be taking a packed lunch to work! There is also the option of having a school dinner, which I might try one day.

Dinner
  • Chicken pasta - I have got some diced chicken in the freezer which will go perfectly in a pasta sauce.
  • Mediterranean fish roast - This is a traybake recipe that I have seen so an easy to prepare meal.
  • Quiche - Thanks to the chickens we have so many lovely fresh eggs so this week I will make a quiche to have with salad and jacket potatoes. Plus the leftovers will make a great lunch the following day.
  • Sausage, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans
  • Fritatta - Another great meal to use up some eggs!
  • Meatballs, spaghetti, pizza and garlic bread
Do you have any top tips for my packed lunches next week? I really do not want to rely on sandwiches! Do you work in a school, if so have you been tempted to return to school dinners?

Come and share your weekly meal plan with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Have a delicious week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

3 comments:

  1. I go to the school canteen for lunch - the food isn't great but it's a chance to catch up with colleagues that I don't normally get time to chat to in the staff room so it's easier to keep in the loop. I think your meals sound lovely - hmmm fresh eggs, how lucky ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the overtime.
    Ahh! I love Tesco. We get our shopping delivered most weeks. I save the clubcard vouchers for Christmas.
    You should try the school dinners...At my girls schools they always sound fantastic!
    Great meal plan. I like the sound of the Mediterranean fish roast x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy meatballs with pasta and garlic bread is a favourite here. The frittata sounds good too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x