Tuesday 14 February 2017

#CookBlogShare 2017 Week 7 - The Food of Love

Hello and welcome to week 7 of #CookBlogShare.

Last week the linky was hosted by Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie. For me last week was a wipe out hence me being quieter than usual. The dreaded cold bug returned and returned with a vengeance. Thankfully I am back on the mend and raring to go.

As today is the day of love, Valentine's day, my round-up is all about the food of love. Valentine's and romance was felt in many posts that were shared last week so I had plenty to choose from. As always the hard part was narrowing it down to just four recipes. The four recipes that I have chosen are a delicious selection of sweet treats that will keep you wanting more.

Here are my favourite four recipes from week 6 of #CookBlogShare...

Happy Foods shared with us these irresistible Mini Chocolate Cake Hearts which would certainly win my heart over. These lovely little chocolate cake hearts are made with no ordinary chocolate cake, they are actually red wine chocolate cake hearts and with a berry and mascarpone filling. These are a must make!

As soon as I saw the following recipe from Searching for Spice I knew that it was one that I would have to make. These Frozen Yoghurt Hearts will make a healthy treat and one that can be enjoyed guilt free, which for me is perfect.

For anyone that knows me it will be no surprise that I chose the following recipe from Recipes Made Easy. These decadent little Gin and Tonic Marshmallows had me with the first ingredient, gin! Marshmallows are something that I have been wanting to make for a while and now I have this recipe I think it is time to try!

The fourth recipe may surprise you, it certainly did me but it looks so good I had to feature it. Allotment 2 Kitchen shared this vibrant Creamy Beet Rose Rice Pudding. Yes this rice pudding contains delicious beetroot and topped with pomegranate you just know that this is a pudding which will leave you wanting more!

Like I said before I struggled to narrow it down. Thankfully Nico from Yumsome shared a lovely, healthy round-up of 25 Fantastic Plant Based Recipes which will definitely give you a lot of inspiration! Then finally are my Valentine's Cupcakes which the hubby and kids demolished and have put in a request for me to make some more ready for Valentine's dinner!


Now onto this weeks linky. As always there are a few rules that I ask you to follow. They are that you comment on either this post or the post labelled HOST, display the #CookBlogShare badge below, share the blog love and comment on some other posts that have been shared. I will be Tweeting, Pinning, Stumbling and commenting on all posts linked up.

I look forward to seeing what you have been cooking. I will be back next week and will feature my favourite recipes as well as the linky!

Have a great and delicious week x

Pin me for later!



17 comments:

  1. Oooh such pretty Valentine's recipes! How did I miss those marshmallows?! Off for a nose now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely round up! I am hoping to fit in some last minute Valentine's baking with the children this afternoon and love the look of those mini chocolate heart cakes - I might have to leave out the red wine though! I hope you don't mind me linking up an old post this week but I've just remade it and updated the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Kirsty!I love the pink (mostly) entries you've featured this week! I am a bit clumsy when it comes to creating pretty food and I admire people who seem to do be able to do it effortlessly. Happy Valentine's Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great round up Kirsty - it definitely had to be packed with pink and pretty heart shaped recipes given what day it is.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kirsty,Nice collection of Valentine's day recipes. I have also added my valentine's day recipe.
    Thanks for hosting dear and enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection.Am so loving your cupcakes.Lush x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha - but of a no brainer for choice of theme this week. I was looking at all the entries this week wondering how on earth you were going to choose out of all those fab ones - if it had been my turn this week I think I might have had to choose more than 4!!! I love your selection, though - especially those Mini Chocolate Cake Hearts - they look really impressive, but I read the recipe and they are actually a doddle to make. And Jacqui's Gin and Tonic Marshmallows - pure genius! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Valentine's ideas. I did my Valentine's baking last week but my husband ate the lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am swooning over all this decadence!!! Need a cupcake now, lol. Happy Valentine's day, come over to The Blended Blog, I'm hosting today and link-up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the round up, it made me smile, such pretty bakes and oh so very pink! Can't wait to check out the link ups

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous round up Kirsty - happy Valentine's Day to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Valentines to you. Thank you so so much for featuring my Beetroot Rice Pudding, I was really surprised and happy, thank you. Got another red heart popping recipe for you for this week too. Hope you like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cupcakes are adorbs! I'm having trouble submitting an image to the linky. I've never had this problem before. Maybe their site is down. : /

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely round up this week - loving the pink theme! Your cupcakes looks delicious, I could definitely eat these all year round. I have linked up again this week with a classic chocolate chip cupcake recipe. Happy Valentines xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful recipes you chose!! Those are super pretty cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Hope your feeling better. Thanks for including my marshmallows in the round up. Ive pinned and shared because it would be rude not to:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Glad to be connected to you. This is my first time linking to this party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x