Tuesday 21 February 2017

#CookBlogShare 2017 Week 8 - Plus 4 Perfect Mid Week Meals

Hello and welcome to week 8 of #CookBlogShare.

Yesterday was the twins 5th birthday. Unfortunately it did not go to plan as Little I was not very well. So we did not manage to get to the cinema as planned but we did get the hubby home in the afternoon so that did make up for it.

This week the children are on their half term holiday which makes meal times even more manic. When they are at school I have a bit more time to plan and cook so with this in mind I decided to focus on recipes that are perfect for a mid week meal. All of the recipes that I have chosen from week 7 of CookBlogShare are meals that the whole family would love and perfect for a busy evening. 

Here are my 4 favourite recipes from week 7 of #CookBlogShare...

The first recipe that I selected is one from Searching for Spice. This recipe features one of my favourite ingredients, the full of flavour chorizo. I adore the depth of flavour that chorizo adds to a dish and this Easy Tomato and Chorizo Pasta is definitely going on my must try list and I know will be an instant hit with everyone here!

The next recipe, from A Strong Coffee, features a mixture of Mediterranean flavours. Pesto from Italy, manchego from Spain, garlic, olives, sun dried tomatoes and the fantastically versatile courgette! This Courgetti with Pesto and Manchego is the perfect way to get extra vegetables into your diet. Spiralizers are a great addition to any kitchen and this post will tell you all about one that they have been trying there!

The following recipe features yet more pesto. The Veg Space shared this Wholewheat Tagliatelle with Rocket and Hazelnut Pesto a dish that is simple yet so full of flavour. That is what makes pesto such an amazing ingredient, it adds so much flavour in such an easy way to any dish. The peppery flavours from the rocket will simply finish this pasta to perfection!

Last but not least is this Leek Cauliflower Butterbean Freekah Salad with Sumac from Sneaky Veg. Freekah is a delicious ingredient that really is not used enough in my opinion. The green wheat adds a lovely nutty flavour to dishes and makes a great addition to both hot and cold salads. After reading this recipe I need to get some more on my next shopping trip!

If you missed any of these great recipes last week, pop over and check them out!

Now onto this weeks linky. Remember you can add any foodie posts, both old and new welcome. All that I do ask is that you comment on either this post or the post labelled HOST, comment on some of the other recipes that have been shared and display the badge below so that others can find us. As always I will be commenting on the posts during the week, tweeting, pinning and stumbling them!

Now over to you, I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up this week!

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!




15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to the twins, Kirsty. And I wish you feel better soon. Thanks for hosting this week's lovely party. Take care! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my tomato and chorizo pasta! The other recipes look great too and I am intrigued by Mandy's salad. I still haven't tried freekah but it looks delicious, expecially with those lovely pieces of roasted cauliflower! I'm going to have to have a look straightaway. Hope you have a lovely (if manic!) halfterm x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good pasta dish! A perfect mid-week staple! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh they all look amazing! I'm still trying to catch up with all of last weeks! Feb is a very popular month for birthdays, the Ginger Peachicks' 4th was on Sunday! Happy Birthday twinnies and hope you are feeling better soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Kirsty! Happy Birthday to the twins! I love these mid week dinner ideas, they will certainly come in handy this week when things are a bit manic, as you say, with it being the half term. I am linking up my 2 recent recipes. A pancake recipe on its way:) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the twins have had an amazing birthday and enjoy half term x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh fab selection! You know I am a huge fan of quick and easy midweek meals so all of these are right up my street! :-) Enjoy half term!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to the twins - hope you manage to shift the bugs and enjoy the rest of the holidays xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scrummy round up Kirsty, and belated happy birthday to the twins - hope they had a lovely day :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for including my freekah salad Kirsty - it really is delicious! Hope the twins have a good birthday - and hope I is better soon do she can enjoy half term X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday twins. Sorry to hear you're weren't well. I hope you are better today? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kirsty! And Happy Birthday to your twins xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely selection - and Happy Birthday! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you're feeling better Kirsty and sending birthday wishes to the twins. Thanks for a delicious round up and hosting this week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Things don't always go according to plan and that is OK. I hate pesto with a passion but love how you collect so many recipes together in one place

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x