Monday 27 February 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 9 2017

Hello and welcome to week 9 of #MealPlanningMonday.

Unfortunately last week did not go as planned. On Monday morning, the twins birthday, Little I woke up being sick so we did not have our day out like we had planned to. This was our week until Thursday! Stuck in and having snuggles. But Friday was a great day. The hubby had the day off so we took the twins and J out for a belated birthday treat. They had a McDonald's and we went to visit Uncle Henry's farm shop. We recently discovered this fantastic shop and it has now become a favourite place to visit. The children had an ice cream, the hubby and I selected some cheese and even a bottle of gin! After a walk through the walled garden to the forest snowdrop walk and a play in the park it was time for home. Friday felt like spring was finally getting closer!


My previous loss of 1.5lbs was sadly put back on last week. This was thanks to copious amounts of cake, alcohol being consumed after manic half term days stuck in and not having our daily school run walk. But I am fine with that as I went knowing I would have put something on. Last Thursday I did get to the gym to complete my induction and now have a tailor made routine and Tuesday is when I am going to set some time aside to go and start getting my fitness improved. This will also help with my weight loss.

With regards to last weeks meals we had all but two of what was planned. As the hubby had Friday off we had a treat night and the other meal did not get made due to a manic day. This week we are back with healthy meals as what I put on will definitely be coming off at my next weigh in!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Weekly Meal Plan - Week 9 2017

Monday - Beef and Chickpea Curry

We love a good curry and after cooking the Slimming World chicken tikka we want more healthy curries so I invested in the SW Curry Club book which is full of delicious meals. This meal will be adapted slightly as the original recipe is chickpeas and vegetables, but the hubby is a big meat eater and vegetable meals do not always satisfy him!

Tuesday - Chicken Pizzas

This is another SW inspired meal. Instead of having a dough base it uses butterflied chicken breasts. We will be having them with jacket potatoes, asparagus, mangetout and baby sweetcorn.

Wednesday - Root Veg and Sausage Bake

On Wednesday I will be in London for the evening at a foodie event so I am going to prepare the children's and hubby's dinner before I go. I will be making a root veg and sausage bake that can be heated up easily. Keep an eye out via my social media platforms as I am sure there will be plenty of pictures about the free from event!

Thursday - Fish Pie

This is a meal I keep planning for a Friday but other ideas come up during the week. When I was listing what we had in the freezer I found the fish pie mix. This week I will be making the fish pie and topping it with mashed celeriac instead of potatoes.

Friday - Slimming World Curry

At the moment I am not sure which curry I will be cooking as there are so many that I want to try so I am going to let the hubby decided which one we will have!

Saturday - Chicken

I think that we will have a roast chicken on Saturday but this could change!

Do you write a meal plan? What have you got planned for the week.

If you are a blogger and write a meal plan why not join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop! Simply add the badge and comment on some of the other posts!

Have a great week x

Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope everyone is feeling better now....
    I could just eat the Root Veg and Sausage Bake now...It sounds so good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're all feeling better now. The chicken pizza sounds lovely! Have a lovely time at the foodie event, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously considering the chicken breast base for my pizza this week too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no such a shame but sounds like your on the mend. I have had the chicken based pizza it's nice #meaplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x