Tuesday 21 February 2017

Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Pancakes (Low FODMAP and Low Syn)

If there is one foodie event that we all love it has to be pancake day. What is there not to love? It is the one day that you can have as many pancakes that you want without feeling guilty! But with me following the Slimming World eating plan and the hubby having so much success with the FODMAP eating plan we really do not want to undo the hard work. This got me thinking as to how I can adapt the classic pancake into one that is not just healthier but also one that is going to keep everybody's tummies happy.

When I saw that this week Aldi had included bananas in their fantastic Super6 offer I got stocked up. Everyone loves bananas here so I knew that if I used them as the base for this years pancakes they would go down well and priced at just 69p I can buy plenty as once you have tried these pancakes you will need to make more!

This is what I did...

Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Pancakes

Ingredients - makes 18 small pancakes

2 bananas approx 100g each, chopped
eggs
1 tbsp sweetener
2 tsp vanilla essence
Oil, I used spray oil

Method

1 - Using a blender place all of the ingredients in the blender and blitz together until you have a smooth batter

2 - Heat a crepe pan or frying pan over a medium to high heat and when it has heated spray a light covering of oil

3 - Spoon the batter into the pan, I used 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake

4 - Leave to cook for a couple of minutes, you will see that the batter will start to bubble up as the air comes out

5 - Gently flip over the pancakes and cook for a further minute or until golden brown then remove from the pan

6 - Repeat until you have cooked all of the pancakes


How you serve the pancakes is completely up to you! They can be adapting according to personal preference. I enjoyed mine with slices of banana served on the top while J drizzled over golden syrup! If you are following the Slimming World eating plan each pancake is just 0.5 syns!


This week Aldi have got some fantastic special buys for Shrove Tuesday. Check out my top buys to help you make the perfect pancakes!

If you would like more free from ideas for pancake day, check out these delicious recipes:
How do you like your pancakes? Over the next week I will be sharing another delicious way to make healthy pancakes!

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post

Sharing with:

FreeFromFarmhouse
Hijacked By Twins

13 comments:

  1. Love pancakes made like this. I'm glad your hubby is getting on with low FODMAP..it is quite tricky isn't it? I have a few recipes on my site that he might like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pancakes look incredible girl! And they would make my whole family and me, so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the breakfast I would love to wake up to tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious looking pancakes Kirsty - my stomach is rumbling just thinking about next week! #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bananas are such an incredible fruit. You can make so much with them! I am always astounded at how perfectly they make pancakes. This is a fab recipe Kirsty! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done Kirsty on managing to make SW friendly pancakes. I have tried and tried to make these on my pan but they always stick and I cannot turn therm over or they burn on the outside but then are not cooked on the inside! I might try them on my Crepe maker to see if that works~!
    Anyway, I love that you can enjoy these while on SW are are perfect for anyone with a GFor DF intolerance x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good Aldi special! These look so easy to make and a great way to get some more fruit into kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done honey for managing to make pancakes that suit both of your diets. I always find that the simplest recipes are also quite often the nicest. I love the fact you've only got 4 ingredients there (+ a bit of oil). Sharing now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'd never know they didn't contain flour, they look fab. I've never had much luck with banana pancakes but maybe I've not been using enough eggs...will have to try your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh yum - these look fab and super easy! I have been so impressed by all the different #FreeFromPancakes everyone has come up with. All so different - but all totally delicious-sounding. Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes please ! I love pancakes and it's great to see a healthy version, bananas are so versatile. Thanks for sharing Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice recipe.I love to make pan cakes.Thanks for sharing this recipe.I will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent read, I just passed this into a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that. Gluten Recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x