Thursday 16 February 2017

Cottage Pie Topped with Butternut Squash - Pressure King Pro Recipe

A couple of weeks ago I told you about my new favourite kitchen gadget, the Pressure King Pro. Since I received this product is has been used so many times I have lost count. As it is being used so much and how much I genuinely love the product I am going to be posting many more recipes that I have made in the Pressure King Pro.

Today I am sharing with you one of our most loved recipes, cottage pie. This is a recipe that I have tweaked a lot over time, I have added new ingredients, tried different ideas and it really has evolved over time. When I started to use the Pressure King Pro I knew that a cottage pie sauce would cook beautifully in it and I was not wrong!

This is what I did...

Cottage Pie Topped with Butternut Squash

Ingredients

400g lean minced beef
1 stick of celery, finely chopped
2 carrots, cut into cubes
50g shredded kale
2 leaves of sweet heart cabbage, shredded
150g peas
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 beef stock cube
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 butternut squash
Sat and Pepper

Method

1 - Select the stew mode on the Pressure King Pro and place the minced beef and celery into the inner bowl and cook with the lid off for five minutes to brown off the mince

2 - Add the carrots and continue to cook for another 5 minutes then press cancel on the stew mode

3 - Pour in the chopped tomatoes, kale, cabbage, peas, stock cube and Worcestershire sauce and stir thoroughly

4 - Put the lid on the Pressure King Pro and close the valve

5 - Select the stew mode and leave for 30 minutes

6 - While the meat is cooking prepare the butternut squash by slicing in half and scooping out the seeds

7 - Place the butternut squash halves in a microwavable dish and place a tablespoon on water in each of the dips where the seeds were, season with salt and pepper and cover in cling film

8 - Place the butternut squash in the microwave and cook for 6 minutes

9 - Once the butternut squash is soft, scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl, mash and season with salt and pepper

10 - Once the Pressure King Pro has finished release the steam and the lid, spoon into an oven proof dish and top with the mashed butternut squash and place under a hot grill to crisp the top and then serve


Cooking the meat in the Pressure King Pro gave it the added flavours that you get from slow cooking but in a fraction of the time. If you do not have a pressure cooker simply make the sauce as directed in a saucepan or slow cooker.


If you are following the Slimming World plan then you will be delighted to hear that this is perfect for an SP day and it naturally syn free!

Enjoy x

Pin me for later!

Sharing with...


Hijacked By Twins

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious Kirsty. I have never used a pressure cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used a pressure cooker either but it looks delicious and I like that you can easily adapt the recipe if you don't have one. Using butternut squash instead of potato for the topping is a great way of getting more healthy veggies in too! Thank you so much for sharing with #CookOnceEatTwice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    thank you for your recipe. I'm doing Slimming World and wondered if you have any other recipes for the Pressure Kingpro that are Slimming World friendly?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x