Monday 20 February 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 8 2017

Hello and welcome to week 8 of #MealPlanningMonday!

This week is going to be a busy week as the children are on their half term holidays. Today is also the twins 5th birthday so it is going to be an exciting day for them. Yesterday we celebrated their birthday with family and today we will be going to see a film at the cinema as the hubby is at work. But we will be spending the day together as a family on Friday as he has the day off.

Last weeks meal plan was a success. There was a meal that was swapped as I forgot when I was planning our meals that Tuesday was Valentine's day so the hubby and I had Friday's steak dinner on Tuesday and changed Friday's dinner to a Slimming World curry night.

Last weeks Slimming World weigh in was not a huge loss but still a milestone of a loss. Last week I lost 1.5lbs which has finally taken me over the 2 stone mark! I have now lost a total of 29lbs and have reached a new number so I was delighted!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Weekly Meal Plan - Week 8 2017

Monday - Spaghetti Bolognese

As Monday is the twins birthday I will be making one of their favourite dinners, spaghetti bolognese and of course birthday cake!

Tuesday - Grilled Salmon, Jacket Potatoes and Vegetables

We have not had salmon in a while so I will be grilling some on Tuesday and serving it with jacket potatoes and Mediterranean vegetables.

Wednesday - Gammon, Pineapple, Egg and SW Chips

I saw a picture of gammon and pineapple the other day and have wanted it ever since! So this week we will be having gammon with pineapple, fried eggs and Slimming World friendly chips.

Thursday - Slow Cooked Beef

While I was listing what we had in the freezer I found a joint of beef which I am planning to cook this week in my Pressure King Pro and served with potatoes, vegetables and dumplings.

Friday - Fish, Chips and Mushy Peas

I love fish and chips so we will be finishing the week with them. Also it is a great easy meal as I do not know what we will be doing on Friday yet.

Saturday - Homemade Burgers

I love homemade burgers and will be making some on Saturday to have with jacket potatoes and salad.

What do you have planned for the week? Are your children on half term or did they have last week off?

If you write a meal plan feel free to join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop!

Hope you have a great week x


Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

13 comments:

  1. Have a great day with the twins and the meals sound lovely. The salmon sounds great as we have not had that in ages either #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the day did not go to plan unfortunately over night we had a sicky twin. So lazy day with lots of snuggles planned instead x

      Delete
  2. My kids would like to come and eat at your house all week if that's ok ?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to the twins! I hope they have a fab day!
    I keep meaning to put gammon & pineapple on our meal plan but I forget. Doh!
    It sounds like a great week of meals. Have a fab half term x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gammon and pineapple is such a classic dinner, I cannot remember the last time we had it! Thank you for the birthday wishes x

      Delete
  4. Mine are on half term too. I'm having salmon today, topped with wholemeal breadcrumbs, really looking forward to it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your twins today and please may I join you on Friday for fish & chips & mushy peas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to the twins, hope they have a lovely day! Your meals sound great, I love gammon and pineapple 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always do that - see a meal somewhere and think 'I want that'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm I haven't made spaghetti bolognese in ages! Fancy it now :) Happy Birthday to the twins! My husband works at a school and they had last week off, so I got a bit confused when you said they are off this week.. thought I was looking at the wrong post. I forgot schools take different weeks for their holidays! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect family meal plan. Bolognese always means empty plates here. I hope the twins have had a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think homemade burgers might feature for us soon so my children can get invovled too!
    have a great week
    #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x