Monday 13 February 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 7 2017

Hello and welcome to week 7 of #MealPlanningMonday.

I am well and truly ready for a new week. After I started so positively on Monday, the bugs returned and from Tuesday I have really not been well. So all in all it was a pretty rubbish week! However the Hubby did turn it around on Friday by taking me out for some dinner and also treating me to a new dress which was lovely! We had a lazy weekend which we all needed and I am finally starting to feel more myself, at last!

With not feeling very well I was expecting a weight gain when I went to Slimming World last Friday but was delighted to have lost half a pound. While we were out I took a picture to use in a pre Slimming World and now picture to compare. As I see myself all the time I don't always see the change. But seeing the following pictures side by side I realised how much it has changed me and it has given me even more encouragement to carry on. The picture on the left was taken in the summer while we were away with Carnival.


Last weeks meal plan went really well until Thursday. As I had not been feeling well I had not gone shopping and really did not feel up to it so we made do with what was in and Friday we went out. After having a week pretty much off plan I am ready to get back on it this week. After reading Emma's Free From Farmhouse meal plan post last week and watching her fab video all about her meal planning book I got thinking about how I plan our meals. This led me to buying an A4 note book and recording more what food we actually have got in and planning around that. When I actually wrote down what we had I was surprised and found that my shopping list was significantly shorter than normal so doing it this way should save us some precious money. If you missed Emma's post and video, pop over and take a look!

Last weeks meal plan included a day of budgeting to £2 per head to help raise money for Zamcog. We had a really successful day and you can read how we got on in my #2PoundChallenge post.

Now on to this week. This is what we have got planned for this weeks meals...

Weekly Meal Plan - Week 7 2017

Monday

Lunch - Butternut Squash Soup

Tuesday

Lunch - Leftover Soup
Dinner - Pulled Pork

Wednesday

Lunch - Leftover pulled pork omelet
Dinner - Tuna Pasta Bake

Thursday

Lunch - Leftover Pasta Bake
Dinner - Slimming World Sausages

Friday

Dinner - Steak, SW Friendly Chips and Salad

Saturday

Dinner - Roast Chicken, Jacket Potatoes and Salad

On Sunday we will be going out for a meal to celebrate the twins birthday next week. Next week is also half term so I am sure we will be busy so I need to remember to plan lots of quick and easy meals.

What do you have planned for this week?

Do you write a meal plan? If you do feel free to join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop. Simply add the badge below so others can find us and comment on some other posts.

Hope you have a great week x

Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you look amazing. You are right you don't notice the change day to day but photos show the progress. We haven't had pulled pork or tuna pasta bake for a while so will be adding those to next week's plan. Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I feel a lot better too. Hope you have a great weekend x

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!
    Oh wow! Those photos! You look amazing! You don't even look like the person you used to be...Fabulous!
    I really am going to have to put Pulled Pork on our meal plan next week. We don't seem to have had it for ages x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were the same, we had pulled pork a lot then not for ages! I am starting to feel better but it is taking some beating. Hope you have a great weekend x

      Delete
  3. Wow you look amazing and well done. The meals sound lovely and so agree with the planning and looking at what you have. I am dreadful for that I should improve 😀 #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I certainly feel better for it too. Hope you have a great weekend x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, I feel it too. Hope you have a great weekend x

      Delete
  5. I have my meal plan, for this week, in drafts.... remind me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x