Monday 6 February 2017

Weekly Meal Plan - #MealPlanningMonday Week 6 2017

Hello and welcome to week 6 of #MealPlanningMonday I hope you all had a good week and are ready for another delicious week.

Last week our house was full of bugs. On Tuesday Little T got sent home after being sick. Thankfully the sickness did not last long, but he was still poorly for the week with cold and raging temperature. Little I must have an immune system made of steel, bless her, apart from a bit of a snotty nose she is well. But now the rest of us are feeling it. I am not too bad, I just feel completely washed out so homemade broth has been just about all I have eaten. Isn't it amazing how a good homemade soup or broth can fill you with comfort!

Last weeks meal plan was more or less followed. The lasagne turned into a chicken pasta bake made in the Pressure King Pro and I was not up to cooking the sausage casserole on Saturday. This week the Pressure King Pro has become my go to piece of equipment. Last week I shared my review but this week it has proven to be invaluable. I was able to sneak off while Little T was sleeping, prepare the food, put it in the PKP and leave it to do all the hard work for me.

I managed to get to my Slimming World class but went in the evening instead of the regular morning session. I was a bit disappointed to have only lost 1lbs but looking back I am happy, at the end of the day it was another loss.

Now onto this weeks meal plan. This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Weekly Meal Plan - Week 6 2017

Monday - Stew and Dumplings

This was a meal that I had planned a couple of weeks ago and the hubby keeps reminding me that I have not made dumplings in a long time. So I will start the week with this comforting meal!

Tuesday - Sweetcorn and Smoked Fish Soup

This is a recipe that I found in Gill Meller's Gather. It looks like a bowl of warming goodness and a meal that I am really looking forward to making.

Wednesday - £2 Day

On Wednesday I will be feeding the family for £2 per head. This is a fundraising campaign with Voucherbox and Zamcog. Zamcog educates and cares for some of the most vulnerable children in Zambia. I will be sharing throughout the day what we are eating and how I am managing so keep an eye out!

Thursday - SW Sausage Casserole

As I did not make this meal last week we will have it on Thursday.

Friday - Fish Pie

We all love a good fish pie and I am planning to top this weeks pie with a celeriac mash.

Saturday - Pulled Pork

I am going to try making pulled pork in the Pressure King Pro. I will be serving it with baked chips and salad.

What do you have planned for this week? What meals will you be making?

Do you write a meal plan? If you do come and join in with the #MealPlanningMonday blog hop. Cathryn from Little Paper Swans is joining us to help to promote the meal plan blog hop so hopefully the meal planning community will grow.

To join in simply add your post to the linky, feel free to add the badge below so others can find us, comment on some of the posts and have a great week!

Enjoy x
Hijacked By Twins

get the InLinkz code

10 comments:

  1. I love fish pie - sadly no one else in my family shares my love of it, so I always make one for me! Chicken stew and dumplings sounds perfect for a coldish day like today, and good luck on Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fish pie too! Wednesday went better than I expected and has certainly made me realise how much we spend a week x

      Delete
  2. Fish pie is always a favourite here I will look out for what you eat on Wednesday. Have a great week #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot beat a good fish pie! My post about Wednesday will be live later today and I am really pleased with how we managed x

      Delete
  3. Ooh I haven't had a fish pie or a sausage casserole for a while, but I think I might have to add them to a menu plan very soon ! I made chicken stew with dumplings last week too ! Glad to hear you're all on the mend now - too many bugs going round at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many bugs! I love how meal planning gives us all ideas, I am going to be looking into the crepes that you mentioned this week x

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I hope you all feel better soon!
    Ahh! We are having fish pie tonight. It's ages since we've had it.
    Good luck with your £2 day. That sounds like an interesting challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, the bugs have struck me down again! I'll be glad when they've gone. We really enjoyed the £2 challenge and found it raised awareness in the children too x

      Delete
  5. hope you're soon better and that you enjoy the plan. The £2 challenge sounds interesting! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, getting fed up of this cold now. The £2 challenge was a real eye opener, especially for the children x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x