Tuesday 10 September 2013

Chocolate and Cranberry Cake

After having a rumage through my cupoard to see what I had got I came up with this yummy recipe. This recipe has created such a moist, rich tasting sponge I just had to share it with you!

Ingredients

150g butter
150g caster sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
1/4 tspn vanilla paste
125g self raising flour
25g cocoa powder
50g dried cranberries

Chocolate Cream Cheese Topping

100g full fat ctream cheese
25g butter
135g icing sugar
25g cocoa powder
Cranberries to decorate

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4, 350F
1: Cream the butter
2: Add the caster sugar and blend together until smooth
3: Gradually add the eggs along with a spoon of flour
4: Mix in the vanilla paste
5: Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix until all the ingredients have been evenly blended together
6: Last of all, add the cranberries and mix 
7: Place the mixture in a prepared cake tin and cook for approximatly 1 hour, or until a knife comes out clean when stuck through the centre of the cake
8: Leave to cool
9: To make the topping cream together the full fat cream cheese and the butter
10: Spoon in gradually the icing sugar
11: Add the cocoa powder and stir until smooth
12: Once the cake has been completely cooled cover the cake with the topping and sprinkle with cranberries

Enjoy x




http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/tag/recipeoftheweek/

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, yes please! This sounds just lovely - and it's not a combination I've tried before :)

    Pinned. Thanks very much for linking up with #recipeofthweek. There's a new linky live now - would be brilliant to see you there again! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is yummy!
      I'll definitely link up again. I've had a successful first bake today so I'll post it and link up x

      Delete
    2. It is yummy!
      I'll definitely link up again. I've had a successful first bake today so I'll post it and link up x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x