Saturday 21 September 2013

Creamy Summer Vegetable Risotto

I have to admit, sometimes I really do enjoy having unplanned meals.
I normally take some meat or fish out of the freezer but there are days when I forget! When I'm having one of these days I enjoy getting my thinking cap on, looking in the fridge and garden and coming up with a lovely satisfying meal.
Yesterday was one of these days!
I looked in the garden and found that our courgette plants had a couple of lovely fresh courgettes, so that was a start! I was presently surprised to find these as I thought that they had just about finished producing courgettes for this year. Now I had my basis I started looking for vegetables that would go with the courgettes. I went on to get a red onion, some tomatoes and some fresh thyme. I also knew that I had some mushrooms and crème fraîche in the fridge.
This is what I came up with:

Creamy Summer Vegetable Risotto
 
2 courgettes
1 red onion
2 lg tomatoes
8 Mushrooms
300mls crème fraîche
Leaves off a few sprigs of fresh thyme
Seasoning to taste
2 cups of rice

1: Put a pan of water to boil. When it has reached boiling point put in the rice and cook accordingly

2: Chop all of the vegetables

 
3: Heat some olive oil in either a large frying pan or stir fry pan. Add the vegetables and thyme leaves

 
4: When the vegetables have softened add the crème fraîche and season to taste

5: Once the rice is cooked drain it off and add to the creamy vegetables and mix together

I like to serve this with either Parmesan cheese or a mature grated cheese with garlic bread.

Enjoy x 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x