Wednesday 4 September 2013

Spiced Pear and Fruit Cake

The other day I was looking at what fruit we had got and what needed using. I found 3 pears that were ready for eating, or in my case, baking with!
So, as I usually do, I got my baking thinking cap on and decided to use them to make a cake.
This is the end result:

Spiced Pear and Mixed Fruit Cake

Ingredients:

150g butter softened
150g caster sugar
3 eggs
200g self raising flour
1tspn mixed spice
1tspn cinnamon
100g mixed fruit with citrus peel
3 pears, peeled and cut into cubes

Method:

Heat your oven to 180C, gas mark 4, 350F
1: Cream the butter
2: Once the butter has been creamed add the caster sugar and mix until light
3: Mix together the flour, mixed spice and cinnamon
4: Add the eggs one at a time adding a spoon of the flour mix to prevent curdling
5: Once all of the eggs have been added sift the flour and mix
6: Add the mixed fruit and cubes of pear and mix until evenly blended together
7: Put the cake mix into a prepared cake tin and bake for approx 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean when placed through the middle

This cake is delicious eaten warm served with ice cream or cream and just as yummy when cold!

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x