Friday 27 September 2013

Great Bloggers Bake Off - Week 6 Sweet Dough

This week I will admit to being excited about sweet dough!

I love baking and eating sweet dough so my choice this week was an easy one. I have, in the past, made a savoury couronne so decided to bake a sweet one.
I looked at what fruit I had in the fridge and found some blueberries. I had my basis now I just needed flavours to go with them.
This is what I decided on:

Blueberry, Apple and Cinnamon Couronne 

Ingredients

250g strong white flour
5g salt
7g yeast
110g warm full fat milk
50g softened butter
1tbsp honey
1 lg apple I used a Granny Smith
80g blueberries
1dsp plain flour
1tsp cinnamon
Honey for drizzling over the couronne
Icing sugar

1:  Place the flour in a large mixing bowl
2: Add the salt to one side and the yeast to the other side
3: Add the softened butter, warm milk, honey and mix
4: When you have a rough dough start to knead



5: Knead for about 10 minutes or until your dough has a smooth top and is stretchy

6: Place in an oiled bowl and leave to prove. With this dough I allow at least 2 hours to prove
7: When the dough is ready peel and chop up the apple and mix with the blueberries

8: Mix together the flour and cinnamon and add to the fruit to prevent browning

9: Once the dough has doubled in size, knock the air out and knead

10: Roll the dough out into a rectangle and spread the fruit along the middle

11: Roll up the dough and fruit

12: Cut the roll of dough in half

13: Now start to twist the two pieces together. Leave and fruit that is showing

14: Once the two pieces are twisted together shape them into a round crown shape onto a lined baking tray

15: Leave to prove in a large bag for an hour

16: Pre-heat the oven to 200C 
17: Once the couronne has proved again place it in the pre-heated oven for approx 30 minutes or until golden

18: Once taken out of the oven let it cool slightly then drizzle over some honey and sprinkle with icing sugar

Enjoy x












4 comments:

  1. ooooh i like the apple and blueberry with cinnamon and that you drizzled with honey instead of icing sugar. mmmmm i can smell it from here! thank you for linking up x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks great - I love the sound of the filling. I know I would get in an absolute mess with all that cutting & twisting but I do want to try & make one of these one day!
    thanks for joining in

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks brilliant. I didn't trust myself to be able to shape the couronne but your step-by-step pics make it look achievable. Love the flavour combo too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very good and of course tasty. I'm not sure i'd have the patience to shape it like that, i've really admired these bakes this week so well done x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x