Wednesday 11 September 2013

Wednesday Words - I'm Not Saying Goodbye

This is my first post for Wednesday Words. I have often thought about taking part but after reading http://www.crazywithtwins.com/2013/09/11/wednesday-words-insanity-vs-the-saatchi-bill/ it hit a nerve close to home and got me thinking.

As many will know my grandad recently passed away after battling cancer. On Friday I am going to have to face his funeral. Just thinking about Friday makes me feel physically sick with nerves. I really do not want to say goodbye and I am not going to say goodbye.
I will be saying good night!
The quote that I found below made me think.
I will never forget, yes my grandad is not with us in person, but he is still with us in spirit.
He will always live on in our hearts, thoughts and memories.

“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.”
J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
 

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss x and sending big hugs x Beautiful quote xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the funeral went well? This is a lovely quote and saying "goodnight" is such a nice sentiment. It was written on the back of the order of service at my friends funeral. Had us all in tears of course. Thankyou for linking up to Wednesday Words. I hope you will join in more often. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I is starting to get a bit easier, you just don't realise how much you miss someone until they've gone xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x