Friday 11 October 2013

5 Things - Twins Christening

This week the twins christening has been a huge focus for me, in fact it has been my main focus after the everyday running of the house and the kiddies. I really am starting to get excited!

Therefore, I thought that it would be a great topic for my 5 Things this week.

It will also act as a bit of a to do list for me because, no doubt, come Sunday we'll be rushing here there and everywhere getting us ready, the kids ready, the food ready, something is bound to be missed!

Plus this will be a to do list that I will not loose!!

1 - Need to iron and get all of the children's clothes ready! Come 11:55 we can get the twins in their gorgeous outfits ready to go before we have any spillages of food down them!

2 - Bake and decorate their christening cupcakes. I would have loved to have the time to make them a big cake however with the twins being so demanding I knew that I would struggle. I have gone for the easier but still effective choice of cupcakes. I have got some lovely christening toppers and with buttercream piped on I'm sure they'll be just as nice!

3 - Prepare the buffet with help from my mum and mother in law. We decided to cater the food ourselves to save money. So we are laying on sandwiches, salad, potatoes, party canapes and puddings! The majority, if not all, of it will need preparing Sunday morning so it will be all systems go!

4 - Get myself dolled up! Having 3 children it is not very often that I get chance to get dressed up, do my hair and do my make up. Most of the time, ok, I admit, all of the time my hair is just pulled back in a pony tail and the closest I get to make up is moisturiser and lip balm. So it will be lovely to get into a pretty dress and look my best!

5 - Enjoy the special day! I need to keep on reminding myself to not stress and to just enjoy the day. We are going to have the people closest to us there to witness this step in our children's lives so we will have a lot to be thankful for. Just typing this I am getting excited and quite sentimental!

These are my 5 Things for this week. 5 Things that WILL all get done!

5 Things is hosted by http://www.mumof2.com/

#5things from Mumof2.com

1 comment:

  1. It's such a special occasion to mark...I remember our boys Christening. They are definitely not twins with a 2 year age gap but we had them Christened at the same time.

    Thank you for joining in this week's #5things

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x