Tuesday 15 October 2013

Creamy Tarragon Chicken and Root Vegetables

There is no meal more satisfying than one that started off as a "chuck it all in and see what we get" meal.
I love looking at what there is in the fridge and what needs using and transforming it into a delicious meal.
This was what last nights dinner was.
I was so pleased with the results I am going to share it.
I am doing this for a two reasons.

1 - I was so pleased with all the flavours I am sure others will like it too.
2 - I know I'll want to cook it again and will have probably forgotten what was in it! So this is a recipe that I cannot loose.

I had a huge tub of double cream left over from the christening that had been opened so needed using. As always I had so many different vegetables and had taken some chicken out. That was my basis as this is what I ended up with:

Creamy Tarragon Chicken and Root Vegetables

Ingredients

2 chicken breasts, diced
3 medium carrots, sliced
2 parsnips, slice
1 red onion
2 leeks
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Double cream
Tarragon
Chicken stock - I used Knorr stock pots
Black pepper

1 - Heat the olive oil in a saute pan or saucepan
2 - Place the chicken and all of the vegetables apart from the tomatoes into the pan and cook until the chicken is browned
3 - Add the chicken stock and cook until dissolved
4 - Pour the cream over the chicken and vegetables, add the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle over the tarragon and black pepper according to taste
5 - Bring to just below the boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are soft

This is delicious with new potatoes.
It kept well over night and the twins enjoyed this for their lunch today.
There are no photos because it got eaten before I thought of grabbing my camera.

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x