Friday 25 October 2013

Family Holiday - Last Day Holy Island

Yesterday was our last full day in beautiful Northumberland and thankfully it was a lovely day!
We decided to cross the causeway and visit Holy Island.
I am always amazed by life on the Island that for a great deal of the time is cut off from the mainland. Just thinking about how life must be makes you appreciate having everything so accessible. However life must be so calm, peaceful and back to basics. It is a beautiful island that has quaint little shops and wonderful scenic walks.
We enjoyed visiting a couple of shops and a picnic before we walked to the castle.
Joseph ran off ahead as usual and went exploring. My dad took him down to the waters edge to see if they could find any crabs but I don't think that they had much luck!
My mum and dad took the twins for a walk so that the hubby and I could take Joseph up to have a look around the castle. It was a steep walk up but it was more than worth it just for the stunning views over the sea. It was beautiful to see the sun beams shining through the clouds onto the water. Joseph was pleased to have a bit of quality time with his mum and dad to himself and really took in the history of the castle. After we had explored all of the rooms we began our walk back down and caught up with my mum and dad and the twins. The long walk back had earned Joseph a well deserved ice cream before we set off again!
Once we had crossed over the causeway and were back at the caravan we started to pack up whilst Joseph went for a swim. My parents have been a god send to have with us as they have been able to take Joseph to the arcades and the pool while we have been busy with the twins. I know that next holiday the twins will be even bigger and we'll be able to do even more but I still feel bad that I'm not doing these things with him but that's a different post all together!
We have had one of the best holiday's and we have created so many happy memories. This is definitely one of our favourite parts of the country and I am sure that we will enjoy many more holidays here together.
We are already planning the next!!!


6 comments:

  1. Ah I live in Northumberland. My children had a school trip to holy island today and it poured down the whole time so they ended up leaving early. :-( It is beautiful though. I would love to rent a cottage there one time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It was pouring when we left! Hope they managed to have a good but wet day even though they left early

      Delete
  2. Some gorgeous photos there - looks like a lovely holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We had a wonderful time. I like to capture memories on the camera so we can look back x

      Delete
  3. Holy Island looks breathtaking. I'd love to visit there with my fraternal twins (six next month) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is stunning I'm sure you'd love it. You're twins would love exploring! 6 years old a few years older than mine please tell me its not always as exhausting :-) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x