Tuesday 30 May 2017

#CookBlogShare 2017 Week 22 - Plus Four Delectable Bakes

Hello and welcome to week 22 of #CookBlogShare.

Wow it feels like such a long time since I have written a Cook Blog Share post and I know things have been quieter on Hijacked By Twins and Cook Blog Share. I mentioned before that I had got a new job, well I still haven't started as I am waiting for all of the clearances to go through but fingers crossed I will be starting in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I have been trying to get on top of jobs around the house so that once my clearance certificate arrives I can start my job knowing that I am on top of things. I have also been trying to scale down my blog work which has been hard but also quite refreshing. It is nice to look at what I post and not feel that I have to post (hope you know what I mean) I am writing about what I want to write about.

Now back to CookBlogShare. Last week the linky was hosted by Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes who did a great job! While I am talking about hosts, I just want to thank Monika, Eb from Easy Peasy Foodie and Jacqui from Recipes Made Easy for all of their help hosting the linky. Their help and support really has made a huge difference to me and my workload and this has allowed me to have more time away from the internet and with my family. I feel like I have a healthier work/home life balance now, so thank you!

Last week 33 delicious recipes were shared and this week I decided to feature the bakes. Here are my four favourite bakes from week 21 of CookBlogShare...


I have recently rediscovered my love of baking bread so it was no surprise that these Easy Yoghurt Bread Rolls from Jo's Kitchen Larder immediately called out to me. They look like a perfect roll to have while still warm with real butter melting into!

We all love beetroot in our house so what I saw that Only Crumbs Remain was sharing some Beetroot and Chocolate Cupcakes I knew they would be a must make! As we grow beetroot I am always looking for new ways to use it in dishes and this recipe has gone to the top of my beetroot list!

Another one of my favourite flavours has to be a citrus kick from lemons. Lost in Food share some delectable Lemon Butter Biscuits. I know that if I made these they would not last long as I can just imagine how moreish they must be!

Last but not least are these Hearty Buckwheat Muffins from Simple Gluten Free Kitchen. After using buckwheat in a carrot cake I am looking for new bakes that use this flour and these muffins look like the ideal breakfast bake to have with a cup of rich coffee!

I too have been busy baking. I was recently sent a Kenwood kMix stand mixer to try and have rediscovered my love of baking. I have been making Date and Walnut BreadRhubarb and Ginger Cake and as I mentioned before a delicious Carrot Cake so expect a lot more bakes to come!



Now over to you! I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up!

Enjoy x


17 comments:

  1. Hi, Kirsty. I hope you are feeling great! Thank you for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsty. Wow sounds like you've been busy! Good luck with the new job. And thanks so much for including our lemon biscuits from Lost in Food! Much appreciated. I think it's time to make them again now�� Cheers. Michelle & Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, you've got a lot on your plate, totally understand getting up straight before you go back to work, jealous about your new job...would love to do just that, plus perfect holidays. Great round up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Kirsty! Lovely features and great bakes from you too! I adore date and walnut bread! Will take a closer look at them later on:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirsty. I'm so pleased that you've found a work life balance that suits you. Best of luck in your new job. Love the look of your Rhubarb and Ginger cake. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great round up Kirsty, I just love all of those bakes and your rhubarb and ginger cake sounds gorgeous too. Good luck with your new job when your certificate arrives.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kirsty, Thank you so much for featuring my rolls as one of the bakes in your roundup. I so love the sound of your your Date and Walnut bread too! Yum. Good luck with your new job! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great selection of bakes Kirsty, I love the look of Angela's beetroot muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting a good work / life balance is always hard. Good luck with your new job. Meanwhile, I really dance a slice of that date and walnut bread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely bakes from everyone and thanks for including my buckwheat muffins in them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great roundup - especially loving Angela's beetroot cupcakes - what a colour!! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab round up! Thanks for hosting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the new job Kirsty.... Looking forward to hearing more about it! Thanks for all your hard work with the linky.... but a good work-life balance is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck with your new job lovely and thank you for hosting this week x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely bakes. Good luck with the new job when you begin, it will def. take time adjusting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x